Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew
ATLANTA - Atlanta United returns to action Saturday when it hosts Columbus Crew at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match, presented by Coca-Cola, is set to kick-off at 3:30 p.m. ET and will be nationally broadcast on ABC.
For all statistics and media information, please visit our Media Resources page and Game Notes. MLS Media Assets can be found here.
Atlanta owns an all-time record of 4-4-0 against Columbus Crew: 2-1-0 at home, 2-2-0 on the road and 0-1-0 at neutral venues in the series. This will be the first of two meetings between the teams during the regular season with the other coming at Lower.com Field on Aug. 7 (7:30 p.m., Bally Sports South).
Atlanta is coming off a 1-1 draw with FC Cincinnati on Wednesday night at TQL Stadium. Left back Ronald Hernández scored his first professional club goal in his first start for the club while Homegrown forward Jackson Conway also made his first MLS start. Homegrown midfielder Machop Chol recorded his first career MLS assist.
Atlanta tallied a season-high 22 shots and nine shots on target vs. Cincinnati.
Marcelino Moreno leads Atlanta with three goals and has added two assists this season. The Argentine midfielder also continues to rank near the top of MLS in duels won. After winning 11 duels on Wednesday, Moreno ranks second in MLS with 117, trailing only New York Red Bull's Kyle Duncan with 119.
Saturday, July 24 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA | 3:30 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (2-4-8, 14 points) vs. Columbus Crew (5-3-6, 21 points)
TV | ABC
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 23, 2021
- LAFC Takes on the Vancouver Whitecaps Tomorrow, July 24 at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Honors Legacy of Seattle Soccer Icon Jimmy Gabriel at this Sunday's Heritage-Themed Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew - Atlanta United FC
- Neville, Chapman: Ã¢ÂÂWe Have to Fight for the FansÃ¢ÂÂÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Raúl Ruidíaz Voted MLS Player of the Week - Seattle Sounders FC
- Seattle Sounders FC Forward Raúl Ruidíaz Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 14 - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. Portland Timbers - Minnesota United FC
- Columbus Crew Travels to Face Atlanta United on Saturday to Begin Two-Match Road Stretch - Columbus Crew SC
- Preview: Rapids Visit Real Salt Lake in First Rocky Mountain Cup Clash of 2021 - Colorado Rapids
- Toronto FC to Play August Home Matches at Bmo Field - Toronto FC
- Whitecaps FC Set to Return to BC Place on August 21 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- CF Montréal Will Play at Stade Saputo in August - Club de Foot Montreal
- MLS Canadian Clubs to Host August Matches in Canada - MLS
- Atlanta United terminates Fernando Meza's contract - Atlanta United FC
- Inter Miami CF to Host the Philadelphia Union on SundayÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting and Seattle Set for Sunday Showdown - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes Rocky Mountain Rival Colorado Rapids - Real Salt Lake
- Week 14: Abubakar Named to MLS Team of the Week - Colorado Rapids
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Close Two-Game Road Trip in San Jose - Houston Dynamo FC
- Rocky Mountain Cup Keys: Enjoy the Ball and Fight - Colorado Rapids
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts Rival FC Cincinnati at Nissan Stadium this Saturday - Nashville SC
- Charlotte FC Introduces Head Coach Miguel Ángel Ramírez at Press Conference in Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.