Wheat Kings Look to Tame Tigers
Head Coach: Don MacGillivray | 84 WHL games coached (PA, BWK) | All-Time Record: 38-40-6-0
Tonight's Matchup: The Brandon Wheat Kings look to make it three in a row for the second time this season tonight when the Medicine Hat Tigers come to town. It's the first Tigers trip to Brandon since February 7th, 2020.
Last Time Out: 8-2 W vs Swift Current: The Wheat Kings scored early and often en route to an 8-2 victory over the Broncos on Tuesday night. Ridly Greig (2G-2A) carried the mail for the Wheat Kings in a wild night that saw over 119 penalty minutes handed out. All but five Wheat Kings registered at least a single point in the win.
TOP 5 WHEAT KINGS SCORERS
Ridly Greig - 9G - 10A - 19 Points
Nolan Ritchie - 8G - 10A - 18 Points
Rylen Roersma - 8G - 7A - 15 Points
Nate Danielson - 1G - 11A - 12 Points
Riley Ginnell - 6G - 2A - 8 Points
Goals (10) - Ritchie & Greig | Assists (11) - Nate Danielson
Points (19) - Ridly Greig | PIMS (35) - Ridly Greig
Plus/Minus (5) - Ridly Greig | Shots (69) - Ridly Greig
Wins (5) - Ethan Kruger | Shutouts (0) - None
Save % (.893) - Ethan Kruger | Goals Against Average (3.53) - Ethan Kruger
NEWS & NOTES:
PK Perfection: The Brandon Wheat Kings killed all nine minor penalties they took on Tuesday night vs Swift Current. Dating back to last Friday, the Wheat Kings have killed 11 straight penalties.
Brotherly Love: Tonight marks the first time that brothers Nate and Noah Danielson will face off against one another. The elder brother Noah, was a member of the Tigers during their last Eastern Division road trip in 2020, but Nate was still playing U18 at the time. This will be the fourth Wheat King in the last two years to play against his sibling, following Brad and Riley Ginnell, Carson and Jonny Lambos and Braden and Marek Schneider.
Streaking: Ridly Greig's four-point night on Tuesday extends his point scoring streak to three games (4G-3A), while Nate Danielson (1G-4) is also riding a four-gamer. Nolan Ritchie is right on pace as well, registering 2 goals and four assists in his last three games. Ritchie has points in six of his last eight games.
Kruger's Back: The Brandon Wheat Kings have only given up two goals in four straight games. After a lengthy layoff due to Injury, Ethan Kruger has won back to back games for the first time since winning five-straight to end the Hub season this spring. (April 17th - April 25, 2020)
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2021
- Oil Kings Win Streak Halted with Setback in Lethbridge - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Blazers Late Comeback Caps Winterhawks Point Streak at Four - Portland Winterhawks
- Winnipeg Ice Launch Teddy Bear Toss in Support of the Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba Presented by Manitoba Building Trades - Winnipeg Ice
- Americans Play Giants in Return Home - Tri-City Americans
- Game Day Hub: November 26 - Portland Winterhawks
- Celebrate the Holiday Season with the Raiders - Prince Albert Raiders
- Chiefs Travel to B.C. for First Time Since March 2020 to Take on Kelowna Rockets - Spokane Chiefs
- Winnipeg ICE Announce Special Olympics Manitoba Night on Wednesday December 8th with Support from 24-7 Intouch - Winnipeg Ice
- Wheat Kings Look to Tame Tigers - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Gameday Preview - November 26 at Brandon - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Warriors Looking to Carry Momentum into Swift Current - Moose Jaw Warriors
- GAME #20 Preview: Blades at Rebels - Saskatoon Blades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.