Westchester Falls to Lakeland 106-100
NEW YORK, NY - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, fell to the Lakeland Magic, 106-100, Monday night at Madison Square Garden.
Both clubs kept within striking distance of one another with neither team able to expand upon a lead greater than 10 through the first half of play.
Nearly three minutes into the third quarter, Amir Hinton drained his lone three-pointer of the game, to bring Westchester (0-1) within one, 53-52. It would also mark the last time the score would remain that close. The Magic (2-1) went on to go up by double-figures for the first time all game at the 1:30 mark of the third, despite the Knicks clawing back, and eventually escaped with a six-point win margin.
Pacing the Knicks, Hinton ended with a team-high 24 points on 50-percent shooting. In a near 30-minute performance, the affiliate player did not commit a single turnover but added five rebounds and two steals.
Returning player Andrew White III added 19 points off the bench which included a trio of three-pointers. Two-Way player Ivan Rabb hauled a game-high 10 boards and Lamar Peters dished a team-best nine assists.
Two-Way player Josh Magette distributed a game-high 14 dimes and put up 14 points. Fellow Two-Way player BJ Johnson erupted for a game-high 30 points on 61.1-percent shooting.
Westchester is back in action this Wednesday, November 13 at Greensboro.
For information on Knicks' season ticket packages, fans may visit www.WestchesterKnicks.com or contact the sales office at (914) 559-6889 or at email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 11, 2019
- Tonight's Game Between the Memphis Hustle and Iowa Wolves Suspended - Iowa Wolves
- Tonight's Game Between the Memphis Hustle and Iowa Wolves Postponed - Memphis Hustle
- Long Island Nets Fall to College Park in Home Opener - Long Island Nets
- Westchester Falls to Lakeland 106-100 - Westchester Knicks
- Oklahoma City Falls to Agua Caliente - Oklahoma City Blue
- Clippers Unfazed by OKC, Take Home Opener - Agua Caliente Clippers
- New York Assigns Ignas Brazdeikis to Westchester - Westchester Knicks
- Greensboro Swarm, Bank of America to Honor Veterans and Active Duty Military at Home Games - Greensboro Swarm
- Drive Add Woodbury to Roster - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hornets Assign Caleb Martin to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Peters Matches Franchise Assist Record in Win over Swarm
- Late Team Ball Hints Effort for Knicks But they Fall to Nets
- Knicks Win by Season-High Margin, Down Erie 123-106
- Knicks Fourth Quarter Surge Puts Warriors Away 104-100
- Early Second Half Momentum Gets Blue Coats by Knicks