Weekend Preview: Three with the Storm
RALSTON, NE - The Omaha Lancers (13-9-0-0) will play three games against the Tri-City Storm this weekend.
Friday will be the fourth time the Lancers and Storm will meet up. In the prior meetups, the Lancers are 1-2 against the Storm. The three-game weekend was originally planned to be played at the USHL Frosty Cup in Dallas, TX. Due to circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, and player safety, the USHL canceled the event. Friday starts the weekend series in Kearney, NE at the Viaero Center (7:05 PM), followed by Saturday's game at Ralston Arena (6:05 PM). Sunday, both teams will head back to Kearney for a 6:05 PM puck drop at the Viaero Center.
After this weekend, the Lancers and Storm will not see each other again until the final week of the regular season (April 23rd and 24th).
Lancers Notes (13-9-0-0) 26 Points - 2nd Place Western Conference:
Ryan Lautenbach leads the Lancers in points with 18 (8-10-18)
Matt Basgall is the top point-producing defender (1-7-8)
This weekend will be the first time Ex-Storm, now Lancer, Michael Posma will play against his former team
Jakub Dobes (11-7-0-0): 1.91 GAA | .926 SV%
Grant Riley (1-3-0-0): 4.39 GAA | .824 SV%
Tri-City Storm (11-8-0-1) 23 Points - 4th Place Western Conference:
Lead by Hunter Strand who has totaled 18 points (8-10-18)
Defensively, Cole McWard is the top point-producing Defender with 14 points (4-10-14)
The Storm have added Ex-Lancer forward Rhett Pitlick to the roster
Split wins with the Stars last weekend: Friday: 5-0 W - Saturday: 2-1 L
Connor Hopkins (2-2): 1.86 GAA | .910 SV%
Todd Scott (9-4-0-1): 2.06 GAA " .913 SV%
Jan. 19 at Waterloo: 4-3 OTW
Jan. 22 vs Sioux Falls: 2-1 W
Jan. 23 vs Sioux Falls: 4-1 L
Listen live to the games here:
Stay up to date with the Lancers' by following the Omaha Lancers' on Twitter, "Liking" the Official Omaha Lancers' Facebook page, and following the team on Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 29, 2021
- Storm Shutout Lancers, 6-0 - Omaha Lancers
- Musketeers Too Much for First-Place Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Force Fall to the Musketeers 4-2 - Fargo Force
- Storm Post 6-0 Shutout Win over Omaha - Tri-City Storm
- Stars Overwhelmed by Sioux Falls - Lincoln Stars
- Stampede Throttle Stars 10-4 in Lincoln - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Dubuque Tops Hawks, 4-1 - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Parik Shines in Debut, Saints Clinch Cowbell Cup with 4-1 Win - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Andrea Rose Named Lumberjacks' Interim President of Business Operations - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Muskegon Takes 5-3 Series-Opening Win against Steel - Chicago Steel
- Todd Scott Named USHL Goaltender of the Week - Tri-City Storm
- Ryan Ufko Named USHL Defenseman of the Week - Chicago Steel
- Multiple Storm Players Named to Latest NHL Draft Rankings - Tri-City Storm
- Storm Set for Three-Game Series against Lancers - Tri-City Storm
- Gameday Essentials: Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Weekend Preview: Three with the Storm - Omaha Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.