Force Fall to the Musketeers 4-2
Tonight's matchup between the Fargo Force and the Sioux City Musketeers came right down to the wire, but ultimately went in favor of the Musketeers. They took a 3-2 lead with a little over 5 minutes left to play and then shut Fargo down with an empty net goal for a 4-2 Sioux City win.
The Musketeers were the first on the board in tonight's contest, scoring just 2:24 into period one. Fargo remained on defense for the majority of the first killing off a Major penalty called against Trevor Griebel. The Force PK came up big in killing off the 5:00 power play & kept the score 1-0 after 1 period.
Sioux City extended their lead to 2-0 with 7:13 left to play in the middle frame, but Fargo would rally. With under three minutes remaining the Force found themselves with their second man advantage of the period, and this time they capitalized. Tristan Broz went far side off an assist from Cody Monds to cut the Sioux City lead in half. Then, with 45 seconds remaining in the period, 5th round Washington Capitals draft pick Bear Hughes ripped in his first goal in a Force uniform, tying up the game at 2-2.
The Force killed off yet another power play in the third period, going 3/3 on penalty kills on the night. With 5:36 remaining Sioux City created a turnover in the Force's defensive zone, and Shai Buium found the back of the net to give the Musketeers a 3-2 lead. With under a minute remaining the Force pulled their goalie to add on an extra attacker, but the Musketeers added another goal to come away with a 4-2 win.
The Force are back at it again tomorrow and Sunday for two games at the Ice Box vs. the Lincoln Stars. Puck drop tomorrow night at 7:05 PM, and an afternoon game on Sunday at 3:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 29, 2021
- Storm Shutout Lancers, 6-0 - Omaha Lancers
- Musketeers Too Much for First-Place Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Force Fall to the Musketeers 4-2 - Fargo Force
- Storm Post 6-0 Shutout Win over Omaha - Tri-City Storm
- Stars Overwhelmed by Sioux Falls - Lincoln Stars
- Stampede Throttle Stars 10-4 in Lincoln - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Dubuque Tops Hawks, 4-1 - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Parik Shines in Debut, Saints Clinch Cowbell Cup with 4-1 Win - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Andrea Rose Named Lumberjacks' Interim President of Business Operations - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Muskegon Takes 5-3 Series-Opening Win against Steel - Chicago Steel
- Todd Scott Named USHL Goaltender of the Week - Tri-City Storm
- Ryan Ufko Named USHL Defenseman of the Week - Chicago Steel
- Multiple Storm Players Named to Latest NHL Draft Rankings - Tri-City Storm
- Storm Set for Three-Game Series against Lancers - Tri-City Storm
- Gameday Essentials: Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Weekend Preview: Three with the Storm - Omaha Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.