Andrea Rose Named Lumberjacks' Interim President of Business Operations
Muskegon, MI - The Muskegon Lumberjacks have announced that Andrea Rose has been elevated to the role of Interim President of Business Operations.
Rose, 33, is enjoying her second stint with the Lumberjacks and has most recently overseen all sales efforts. She was born and raised in Muskegon, MI and earned her Bachelor's degree from Grand Valley State University in Sport Management.
Rose will take over for outgoing President Mike McCall, who has completed a three-year turnaround with the Lumberjacks. During his time in Muskegon, McCall consulted the City of Muskegon on the complete remodel of the arena, negotiated a naming rights partnership between the City and Mercy Health, and cultivated a culture of excellence.
"Mike has been a tremendous asset to the Muskegon Lumberjacks as well as the community," said Rose. "He brought perspective from his time in the NHL that allowed me to grow, and I am grateful for his mentorship."
When asked, McCall had nothing but praise for Rose.
"Andrea is fully prepared to take on this challenge," said McCall. "I have no doubt that she will elevate the organization and build upon the foundation which has been laid. I look forward to seeing how high she can raise the ceiling for the Jacks."
"I also want to thank co-owners Dan Israel and Bob Kaiser for the opportunity and support which allowed all of us, collectively, to be recognized as the USHL Organization of the Year in 2019."
Rose will be the first woman from the state of Michigan to be named a President in the USHL.
"We are excited to have the first female president in Muskegon history," said Israel. "The reason we are moving forward with Andrea has nothing to do with her being a woman, but because of her tireless commitment to the Jacks and her passion for the entire Muskegon Community."
The Muskegon Lumberjacks are off to a great start in 2020-21, and currently sit in second place in the USHL's Eastern Conference. The team has a big weekend at hand, as the first-place Chicago Steel and the second-place Jacks square off three times, with the first game being held in Muskegon tonight at 7pm. Limited tickets are still available for purchase at muskegonlumberjacks.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 29, 2021
- Storm Shutout Lancers, 6-0 - Omaha Lancers
- Musketeers Too Much for First-Place Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Force Fall to the Musketeers 4-2 - Fargo Force
- Storm Post 6-0 Shutout Win over Omaha - Tri-City Storm
- Stars Overwhelmed by Sioux Falls - Lincoln Stars
- Stampede Throttle Stars 10-4 in Lincoln - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Dubuque Tops Hawks, 4-1 - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Parik Shines in Debut, Saints Clinch Cowbell Cup with 4-1 Win - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Andrea Rose Named Lumberjacks' Interim President of Business Operations - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Muskegon Takes 5-3 Series-Opening Win against Steel - Chicago Steel
- Todd Scott Named USHL Goaltender of the Week - Tri-City Storm
- Ryan Ufko Named USHL Defenseman of the Week - Chicago Steel
- Multiple Storm Players Named to Latest NHL Draft Rankings - Tri-City Storm
- Storm Set for Three-Game Series against Lancers - Tri-City Storm
- Gameday Essentials: Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Weekend Preview: Three with the Storm - Omaha Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.