Week 3 Preview: Blizzard at Barnstormers
The Blizzard (1-1) hit the road for the first time this season as they travel to Des Moines to take on their long-time rival and reigning IFL champs the Iowa Barnstormers on Saturday night. Iowa won the Championship last season and became the second team other than the Sioux Falls Storm to win in the last 6 seasons.
The Barnstormers are coached by IFL Hall of Famer Dixie Wooten. They also have several former Blizzard players on their roster.
In their first game of the season last Saturday, the Barnstormers traveled to Moline Illinois to play the Quad City Steamwheelers and thanks to a late kickoff return for a touchdown by former Blizzard defensive back Tyrell Pearson, they came away with a 53 to 39 victory. Another former Blizzard star, Ryan Balentine, caught 3 touchdown passes from new Barnstormer quarterback Daquan Neal. Daquan was almost perfect throwing the ball missing only one pass and throwing for 5 touchdowns. He also led the team in rushing with 41 yards and another touchdown.
Saturday night's game will be the home opener for Iowa and will feature the hanging of the Championship banner inside the Wells Fargo Arena. Kickoff is at 7:05 and can be watched for free on YouTube here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgt25mOjIBU
Images from this story
Green Bay Blizzard vs. the Iowa Barnstormers
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from March 7, 2019
- Storm Face Danger in Week 3 Match-Up - Sioux Falls Storm
- Week 3 Preview: Blizzard at Barnstormers - Green Bay Blizzard
- Game Preview: Iowa Barnstormers vs. Green Bay Blizzard - Iowa Barnstormers
- Danger Look to Rebound against IFL Power Sioux Falls - Nebraska Danger
- Blizzard QB Receives IFL Week 2 Honors - Green Bay Blizzard
- Chuck Cecil to Add Color to Sugar Skulls Television Broadcasts - Tucson Sugar Skulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.