Danger Look to Rebound against IFL Power Sioux Falls
GRAND ISLAND, NE - The Sioux Falls Storm and Nebraska Danger know each other pretty well.
The Storm has continued their IFL dominance for nearly a decade now, making a United Bowl appearance the past eight-straight seasons, and Danger fans know all too well about the Sioux Falls dominance.
From 2013-2015, the Danger squared off with Sioux Falls in the United Bowl, but lost all three times in the championship game, with the closest loss coming in 2013, when the Storm edged the Danger 43-40.
Since 2015, the Danger hasn't made it back to the end of the year showcase, while Sioux Falls has never left. However, the Storm haven't been crowned IFL champs the past two seasons as Arizona claimed the title in 2017, while Iowa shocked the Storm to win the 2018 United Bowl.
The Danger also haven't fared well against the Storm during the regular season. In fact, in the 18 meetings between the two teams, the Danger are just 1-17, with the lone victory coming in Grand Island back on March 2, 2013.
Both coaches and players will tell you it's too early to see how the teams stack up this season, but the Danger will be playing in "rebound mode" after suffering a tough 53-52 loss at Green Bay back on March 1. The Storm enter Saturday's contest 1-0 after an overtime win over Cedar Rapids two weeks ago.
Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. at the Heartland Events Center in Grand Island on Taste of the Heartland Night. Doors open at 6 pm for both the game and for the 2nd annual tasting event. Tickets are available at the Heartland Events Center Box Office, Ticketmaster.com, or at area Pump and Pantry Locations. For more information, visit dangerfootball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from March 7, 2019
- Storm Face Danger in Week 3 Match-Up - Sioux Falls Storm
- Week 3 Preview: Blizzard at Barnstormers - Green Bay Blizzard
- Game Preview: Iowa Barnstormers vs. Green Bay Blizzard - Iowa Barnstormers
- Danger Look to Rebound against IFL Power Sioux Falls - Nebraska Danger
- Blizzard QB Receives IFL Week 2 Honors - Green Bay Blizzard
- Chuck Cecil to Add Color to Sugar Skulls Television Broadcasts - Tucson Sugar Skulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nebraska Danger Stories
- Danger Hoping Third Time's the Charm with Green Bay
- Greg Dent Jr. Hauls in 3 TD's, Tabbed Nebraska Danger Player of the Week
- Danger Head to Green Bay for Rematch
- Eric Thomas Breaks Loose for 4 TD's, Named Danger Player of the Week
- Danger Look to Even Record against Sugar Skulls