Wave Back on Winning Track After Handily Defeating St. Louis Ambush
MILWAUKEE, WI., Jan 12th 2019- The Milwaukee Wave is back on the winning track after suffering their first loss of the season Friday night against the Kansas City Comets.
The Wave came back with fire on Saturday afternoon, winning their match up against the St. Louis Ambush with a 6-point difference.
Final score, Milwaukee Wave 7, St. Louis Ambush 1.
"It's great we didn't have to wait a whole week to rebound from the game against Kansas City," said Milwaukee Wave Head Coach Giuliano Oliviero. "It just feels really good to get back on track so quickly."
Both teams started the game strong, completing the first two quarters with a score of 0-0. Milwaukee Wave made the breakthrough, with #8 Luan Oliveira scoring the first goal of the game in the third quarter.
The Wave wrapped up the game by scoring 6 more goals, and only allowing one to pass from St. Louis.
"It feels great to help the team as they help me." said Milwaukee Wave midfielder Luan Oliveira. "We just want to keep going on our path, which is to get a playoff spot. From there: work to the championship."
Oliveira scored two of the Wave goals this game, along with #23 Daniel Chamale who also scored two goals for the Wave. Additional scorers were #16 Drew Ruggles, #10 Ricardinho Sobreira, and #14 Alex Bradley.
"Now it's getting the players healthy." said Wave Head Coach Giuliano Oliviero. "We're a little banged up right now, so we'll get some rest to be prepared for Saturday vs. Florida."
The Milwaukee Wave will travel to take on the Florida Tropics at the RP Funding Center on Saturday, January 19th. Kickoff is scheduled for 6:05pm.
The Milwaukee Wave return home to UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena on Saturday, January 26th to face one of the newest teams on the Major Arena Soccer League the Mississauga MetroStars.
Kick-off is scheduled for 7:05pm CST. (Milwaukee time)
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 12, 2019
- San Diego Sockers Match Notes vs. El Paso Coyotes - San Diego Sockers
- Harrisburg Fades, Baltimore Comes out 9-4 Winners - Harrisburg Heat
- Orlando Scores 39 Seconds In and Tropics Never Recover as SeaWolves Take 11-6 Win - Florida Tropics SC
- Blast Defeat the Heat 9-4 - Baltimore Blast
- Wave Back on Winning Track After Handily Defeating St. Louis Ambush - Milwaukee Wave
- Ambush Drop 7-1 Contest to Milwaukee on the Road - St. Louis Ambush
- Stars Fall to Flash 9-8 - Tacoma Stars
- Milwaukee Wave Suffers First Loss of the 18-19 Season - Milwaukee Wave
- Chiles' Hat-Trick Leads San Diego to Come-From-Behind 6-5 Win over Ontario - San Diego Sockers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Wave Stories
- Milwaukee Wave Brings in 9-1 Win over Florida Tropics
- Wave Ready for Florida Tropics Saturday
- Milwaukee Wave Brings Win Streak to 4 After Victory over St. Louis Sunday
- Wave Set to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day Sunday Afternoon at Home
- Milwaukee Wave Named Dvision Champs, Secure Playoff Spot After Win against Orlando