Orlando Scores 39 Seconds In and Tropics Never Recover as SeaWolves Take 11-6 Win
LAKELAND - Orlando's Victor France scored just 39 seconds into the match, and the goals never stopped coming as the SeaWolves downed the Florida Tropics SC, 11-6, in a Major Arena Soccer League Game Saturday night at the RP Funding Center.
It was the most goals the Tropics have given up at home in the three years in the league, breaking the hearts of a franchise-record crowd of 3,783.
Gordy Gurson got four goals, and Lewis Neal two power-play markers to lead the Orlando attack. The SeaWolves, who improved to 2-3, led 6-3 at the break, and Florida never got closer than two in the final 30 minutes.
Guilherme got the hat trick for the Tropics, who fell to 3-6. Other Florida goal scorers included Ricardo Diegues with a pair and Anthony Arico with one. Additional Orlando scores came from
Osvaldo Rojas with two and singletons from Luke Boden Victor France, and Joshio Sandoval.
Florida outshot the SeaWolves, 27-24, with Rainer Hauss picking up his second win of the season.
The Tropics will host the Milwaukee wave next weekend on Saturday, Jan. 19 when they host the Milwaukee wave. For tickets and more information, visit www.fltropics.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 12, 2019
- San Diego Sockers Match Notes vs. El Paso Coyotes - San Diego Sockers
- Harrisburg Fades, Baltimore Comes out 9-4 Winners - Harrisburg Heat
- Orlando Scores 39 Seconds In and Tropics Never Recover as SeaWolves Take 11-6 Win - Florida Tropics SC
- Blast Defeat the Heat 9-4 - Baltimore Blast
- Wave Back on Winning Track After Handily Defeating St. Louis Ambush - Milwaukee Wave
- Ambush Drop 7-1 Contest to Milwaukee on the Road - St. Louis Ambush
- Stars Fall to Flash 9-8 - Tacoma Stars
- Milwaukee Wave Suffers First Loss of the 18-19 Season - Milwaukee Wave
- Chiles' Hat-Trick Leads San Diego to Come-From-Behind 6-5 Win over Ontario - San Diego Sockers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Tropics SC Stories
- Late Rally Falls Short as Milwaukee Nips Tropics, 10-9
- Florida Tropics SC Look to Start Turnaround as Milwaukee Wave Visits Saturday
- Tropics Acquire Andre Braithwaite for Freddy Moojen in Club's 2nd Trade in 2 Days
- Free Tickets for Next Two Tropics Home Games Available to Government Workers During Shutdown
- Tropics Trade Laidley to St. Louis for Six-Year League Veteran Antonio Manfut