San Diego Sockers Match Notes vs. El Paso Coyotes
San Diego, who is coming off an emotional win over rival Ontario on Friday, enters tonight's match against El Paso needing to have a fast start to avoid losing the contest. Christian Gutierrez and Manuel Rojo face their old club for the first time since being acquired in the offseason.
Goalkeeper Boris Pardo leads the league in all three major GK categories: GAA (3.32), Save % (.770), and wins (7). However, San Diego has had serious lapses in the back at times allowing easy goals for the opponents.
The offense is trending upward, but needs to work on improving the power play. San Diego is working at a 21% success rate.
El Paso comes to town after a 10-9 home win over Turlock on Friday. Hugo Puentes (10-5=15) and Omar Tapia (8-6=14) lead the Coyotes offense. The defense is allowing nearly nine goals per game.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 12, 2019
- San Diego Sockers Match Notes vs. El Paso Coyotes - San Diego Sockers
- Harrisburg Fades, Baltimore Comes out 9-4 Winners - Harrisburg Heat
- Orlando Scores 39 Seconds In and Tropics Never Recover as SeaWolves Take 11-6 Win - Florida Tropics SC
- Blast Defeat the Heat 9-4 - Baltimore Blast
- Wave Back on Winning Track After Handily Defeating St. Louis Ambush - Milwaukee Wave
- Ambush Drop 7-1 Contest to Milwaukee on the Road - St. Louis Ambush
- Stars Fall to Flash 9-8 - Tacoma Stars
- Milwaukee Wave Suffers First Loss of the 18-19 Season - Milwaukee Wave
- Chiles' Hat-Trick Leads San Diego to Come-From-Behind 6-5 Win over Ontario - San Diego Sockers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.