Ambush Drop 7-1 Contest to Milwaukee on the Road
Milwaukee, WI - The St. Louis Ambush fell 7-1 to the Milwaukee Wave Saturday afternoon at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. The loss dropped the Ambush to 4-5 on the season, while the first place Wave improved to 7-1.
An uncharacteristic first half for the usually high-scoring game of professional indoor soccer saw no goals. The Ambush outshot the Wave 11-9.
The second half was a different story, as four goals were scored within a four minute period, three of them by the Wave. Luan Oliveira scored for Milwaukee, followed by Clayton for St. Louis, followed by Oliveira's second, followed by Drew Ruggles. The Wave took a 3-1 lead into the final stanza.
The home team went up 4-1 on Ricardinho's tally in the fifth minute of the fourth period. The Wave grew the lead to 5-1 when Alex Bradley beat Ambush goalkeeper Paulo less than two minutes later. With Hewerton wearing the sixth attacker jersey for the Ambush, Antonio Manfut lost possession of the ball to the Wave's Daniel Chamale, who put the ball in the empty net to make the score 6-1. With Paulo back in goal for the Ambush, Chamale was left open by the team's defense and scored his second with just three seconds remaining to make the final score 7-1 in favor of the Wave. Milwaukee outshot St. Louis 14-11 in the second half.
Next for the Ambush is a trip across Missouri to to duel the Kansas City Comets next Friday, January 18 at 7:35 p.m. CT. The next Ambush home game is slated for Saturday, January 19 at 7:05 p.m. CT at the Family Arena when Utica City FC comes to town for the first time. For those unable to attend in person, all MASL games are webcast live at masl.tv.
Group and single game tickets are on sale for all Ambush home games. For more information, call the Ambush office at 636-477-6363. Keep up to date on all Ambush news by following the official website, stlambush.com and on Facebook and Twitter.
Images from this story
St. Louis Ambush moves in on the Milwaukee Wave
St. Louis Ambush vs. the Milwaukee Wave
St. Louis Ambush goalkeeper Paulo lunges for a Milwaukee Wave shot attempt
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 12, 2019
- San Diego Sockers Match Notes vs. El Paso Coyotes - San Diego Sockers
- Harrisburg Fades, Baltimore Comes out 9-4 Winners - Harrisburg Heat
- Orlando Scores 39 Seconds In and Tropics Never Recover as SeaWolves Take 11-6 Win - Florida Tropics SC
- Blast Defeat the Heat 9-4 - Baltimore Blast
- Wave Back on Winning Track After Handily Defeating St. Louis Ambush - Milwaukee Wave
- Ambush Drop 7-1 Contest to Milwaukee on the Road - St. Louis Ambush
- Stars Fall to Flash 9-8 - Tacoma Stars
- Milwaukee Wave Suffers First Loss of the 18-19 Season - Milwaukee Wave
- Chiles' Hat-Trick Leads San Diego to Come-From-Behind 6-5 Win over Ontario - San Diego Sockers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.