Warriors to Receive 2014-15 NBA D-League Championship Rings on Opening Night
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The NBA D-League Champion Santa Cruz Warriors will receive their 2014-15 NBA D-League Championship rings during a special pregame ceremony on Opening Night, Friday November 13, when the team hosts the Bakersfield Jam to tip-off the 2015-16 campaign, the team announced today.
NBA D-League President Malcom Turner, along with Santa Cruz Warriors President Jim Weyermann, and Golden State Warriors Assistant General Manager Kirk Lacob, will present last season's players and coaches with unique diamond-clad rings crafted by Baron Championship Rings. The Warriors, who won a franchise record 35 games last season and captured the franchise's first NBA D-League title, will also unveil the 2014-15 NBA D-League Championship banner at Kaiser Permanente Arena during the pregame ceremony. All fans in attendance will receive "Dual Champs" T-shirts, presented by Sawyer Chiropractic Group. Fans are encouraged to be in their seats at 6:30 p.m. for the special pregame celebration.
In addition, on Opening Night, Air Force veteran guard Daniel Nwaelele and the Santa Cruz Warriors will host servicemen and women from the Presidio of Monterey in honor of Veterans Day and the NBA D-League Cares "Hoops for Troops" initiative. These local heroes will be recognized during the game.
Tickets for Opening Night are still available and can be purchased at Santa Cruz Warriors headquarters at 903 Pacific Avenue, online at www.santacruzbasketball.com or over the phone at (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 10, 2015
- Warriors Waive Five Players - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Iowa Energy Waive Two Players - Iowa Wolves
- Warriors to Receive 2014-15 NBA D-League Championship Rings on Opening Night - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Time Warner Cable SportsNet Announces New Season of D-Fenders Game Coverage - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Westchester Knicks Waive J'Mison Morgan - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs Announce Expansion in Partnership with Central Texas Pain Center - Austin Spurs
- Jimmer Fredette Called up to New Orleans Pelicans - Westchester Knicks
- Erie BayHawks Waive Two Players - Erie BayHawks
- Jam Defeat D-Fenders in Preseason Game - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Drop Hard-Fought Contest at South Bay, 128-124
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Windy City Bulls, 118-83
- Santa Cruz Warriors Bounce Back in New York, Beat Nets 119-109
- Santa Cruz Warriors Drop Lone Season Matchup against Knicks, 104-100
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Agua Caliente Clippers 106-97, Return to .500