Jam Defeat D-Fenders in Preseason Game
BAKERSFIELD, November 9, 2015 - The Bakersfield Jam defeated the Los Angeles D-Fenders 123-111 at the Dignity Health Event Center in a lone preseason game. Los Angeles Clippers assignee Branden Dawson led the Jam with 17 points.
The D-Fenders jumped out to an 11-2 run to start the game and held an 18-8 lead early in the first quarter. Bakersfield would respond after taking a timeout as they surged back in the game and ended the first period with a 26-24 lead. The Jam built the lead to as many as 19 and outscored the D-Fenders 40-23 in the second quarter to take a 66-47 advantage into the break.
Bakersfield maintained their double-digit lead in the second half, increasing it at one point to 23 in the third frame. Los Angeles fought back in the fourth to cut their deficit to 10 at the 7:24 mark, but the Jam held their ground and sealed the preseason victory.
In addition to Dawson's double-digit scoring performance, Earl Clark finished with 16 points and Askia Booker added 15 points.
The D-Fenders were led by Justin Hawkin's game-high 30 points. Manny Harris and Vander Blue each scored 20 points.
The Bakersfield Jam tip-off the 2015-16 NBA Development League season this Friday, November 13 on the road against the Santa Cruz Warriors at 7:00 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 10, 2015
- Warriors Waive Five Players - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Iowa Energy Waive Two Players - Iowa Wolves
- Warriors to Receive 2014-15 NBA D-League Championship Rings on Opening Night - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Time Warner Cable SportsNet Announces New Season of D-Fenders Game Coverage - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Westchester Knicks Waive J'Mison Morgan - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs Announce Expansion in Partnership with Central Texas Pain Center - Austin Spurs
- Jimmer Fredette Called up to New Orleans Pelicans - Westchester Knicks
- Erie BayHawks Waive Two Players - Erie BayHawks
- Jam Defeat D-Fenders in Preseason Game - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.