Warriors Acquire Aaron Craft
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - The Santa Cruz Warriors have acquired guard Aaron Craft the team announced today.
Craft (6-2, 192, Ohio State) played and started in all 50 regular season games for Santa Cruz during the 2014-15 season and led the team to a franchise first NBA D-League Championship. The 2015 NBA D-League Defensive Player of the Year anchored a Warriors defense that held opponents to league-lows 42 percent shooting from the field and 99.6 points per 100 possessions. Santa Cruz' opponents averaged 102.2 points, good for third-lowest in the NBA D-League. Individually, Craft averaged an NBA D-League best 2.5 steals while topping the league with a 1.4 steal-to-turnover ratio. Additionally, he averaged 9.2 points, 6.2 assists and 4.9 rebounds in 36.1 minutes.
"We are thrilled to welcome Aaron back to Santa Cruz," said Head Coach Casey Hill. The opportunity to have him back on our roster is a blessing. He has proven leadership qualities at this level and beyond."
Prior to rejoining the Warriors, Craft played for Szolnoki Olaj in Hungary.
A four-year contributor at Ohio State, Craft was a two-time Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014) and was named the NABC Defensive Player of the Year as a senior in 2014.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 7, 2016
- Warriors Acquire Aaron Craft - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bakersfield Falls to Maine Red Claws at Showcase - Bakersfield Jam
- D-Fenders Acquire Ryan Gomes - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Red Claws Put the Squeeze on Jam at NBA D-League Showcase - G League
- Rozier, Mickey Lead Claws to Showcase Victory - Maine Red Claws
- Mad Ants Fall to RGV in First Game at D-League Showcase - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Detroit Pistons Assign Guard Spencer Dinwiddie to Grand Rapids Drive of NBA D-League - Grand Rapids Drive
- Putney Leads Vipers Past Mad Ants 111-99 at NBA D-League Showcase - G League
- ESPNU to Televise 12 NBA D-League Games - Texas Legends
- ESPNU to Televise 12 Regular-Season NBA D-League Games Starting in January - G League
- McDonald's High School Basketball Players of the Month for December 2015 Named - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Iowa Hangs on for 91-83 Win over Austin at NBA D-League Showcase - G League
- Iowa Energy Win 91-83 over the Austin Spurs - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Lose 111-107 to Austin Spurs at Kaiser Permanente Arena
- Santa Cruz Warriors Win 101-97 over Greensboro Swarm; Secure 200th Franchise Win
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 109-94 to the Memphis Hustle Tonight in Southaven
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Wisconsin Herd 107-92 Tonight in Oshkosh
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz Warriors