Vipers Top Squadron, 132-99
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The Birmingham Squadron, NBA G League affiliate of the New Orleans Pelicans, fell to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers 132-99 on Saturday night at Legacy Arena at the BJCC.
Guard Izaiah Brockington led the Squadron (5-6) in scoring with 24 points, a season-high, in addition to tallying seven rebounds and three assists. Pavel Savkov and Devin Cannady combined for 24 bench points on the night, with each responsible for 12.
Trey Jemison was two rebounds away from a double-double, recording 14 points and eight boards.
Houston Rockets assignment player Cam Whitmore tallied 42 points and seven rebounds. Jermaine Samuels Jr.'s double-double of 29 points and 13 rebounds also helped lead the Vipers (7-5) to the revenge victory.
Rio Grande Valley outrebounded the Squadron 57-40 on the night.
The Squadron's next home game is set for Monday as tip-off for Birmingham's annual Holiday Celebration against the Memphis Hustle is set for 7 p.m. at Legacy Arena at the BJCC.
For more information about the Birmingham Squadron, follow the team on social media or visit BirminghamSquadron.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 9, 2023
- Whitmore's Career-High, Samuels Jr. and Culver Catapult Vipers to Victory - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Top Squadron, 132-99 - Birmingham Squadron
- Charge Defeated by Mad Ants - Cleveland Charge
- Wisconsin Herd Falls to Windy City Bulls - Wisconsin Herd
- Blue Coats Beat Swarm, 139-119 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Windy City Bulls Earn Home Victory Against Wisconsin Herd - Windy City Bulls
- Sandro Mamukelashvili and Blake Wesley Assigned to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat G League Ignite, 153-118 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Ignite Drops Home Contest to Santa Cruz, 153-118 - NBA G League Ignite
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.