Vandersloot Officially First Player in WNBA History to Average 10.0 APG in Season
BRADENTON, FLA. - Chicago Sky guard Courtney Vandersloot has made history once again, this time becoming the first player in the history of the WNBA to average double-digit assists in a season. Vandersloot earned her fourth consecutive WNBA Peak Performer award after dishing out 220 assists across 22 games, a WNBA-record 10.0 APG, breaking her previous record of 9.1 assists set last season.
"When you're looking back at the record books, this is going to be one of the many things that's going to solidify her as an all-time great," General Manager and Head Coach James Wade said.
Vandersloot and the Chicago Sky shattered another league record when the team ended the 2020 regular season averaging the highest field goal percentage of all-time, shooting a record 49.1% from the field. This tops the previous WNBA record for field goal percentage set by the Los Angeles Sparks (48.7%) in 2016.
For the first game of the 2020 WNBA Playoffs' single-elimination opening round, the Chicago Sky (No. 6) face the Connecticut Sun (No. 7) tonight at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN 2. Please see below for the team's schedule and media availability leading up to the event:
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 15, 2020
- Minnesota Lynx Guard Crystal Dangerfield Named WNBA Rookie of the Month - Minnesota Lynx
- Alyssa Thomas and DeWanna Bonner Named to Associated Press All-WNBA Second Team - Connecticut Sun
- Julie Allemand Named to Associated Press All-Rookie Team - Indiana Fever
- New York Liberty to Celebrate Inaugural Hispanic Heritage Month Presented by HSS - New York Liberty
- WNBA Announces Officials for 2020 Playoffs - WNBA
- Vandersloot Officially First Player in WNBA History to Average 10.0 APG in Season - Chicago Sky
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Sky Stories
- Vandersloot Officially First Player in WNBA History to Average 10.0 APG in Season
- Chicago Sky Sign Alexis Prince
- Chicago Sky Clinch Second Straight Playoff Berth
- Vandersloot Becomes 1st Player in History to Record 18 Assists in Single Game; Shattering 22-Year-Old Record
- Chicago Sky Sign Alisia Jenkins