New York Liberty to Celebrate Inaugural Hispanic Heritage Month Presented by HSS
BROOKLYN, NY - As a continuation of its ongoing commitment to inclusivity and its highly-valued fan base, the New York Liberty are proud to announce the team's inaugural Hispanic Heritage Month, presented by HSS.
The celebration will run from September 15 through October 15. Throughout the month, the Liberty will recognize local Hispanic-owned and operated organizations, feature Hispanic-centered virtual programming and activations, as well as celebrate season ticket and staff members of Hispanic descent. Part of the programming slate will include a Virtual Youth Clinic on September 27 as part of the Liberty Academy presented by HSS. The clinic will feature special guest, Terri Acosta, the Liberty's head athletic trainer and the only Hispanic head athletic trainer in the WNBA.
"As our Hispanic and Latinx fan bases continue to grow, it's important that we use this month to honor and celebrate these vibrant communities," said Liberty CEO Keia Clarke. "We are excited for the opportunity to highlight a vital part of our basketball family, especially in partnership with our friends at HSS."
"We are honored to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with the New York Liberty," said Louis A. Shapiro, HSS president and CEO. "Diversity is a core value of HSS: we are committed to an environment of respect, equitable treatment and opportunity for our patients, employees and communities."
To receive more details on the organization's first Hispanic Heritage Month, please register at https://form.jotform.com/NYLiberty/2020-hispanic-heritage-month.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 15, 2020
- Minnesota Lynx Guard Crystal Dangerfield Named WNBA Rookie of the Month - Minnesota Lynx
- Alyssa Thomas and DeWanna Bonner Named to Associated Press All-WNBA Second Team - Connecticut Sun
- Julie Allemand Named to Associated Press All-Rookie Team - Indiana Fever
- New York Liberty to Celebrate Inaugural Hispanic Heritage Month Presented by HSS - New York Liberty
- WNBA Announces Officials for 2020 Playoffs - WNBA
- Vandersloot Officially First Player in WNBA History to Average 10.0 APG in Season - Chicago Sky
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Liberty Stories
- New York Liberty to Celebrate Inaugural Hispanic Heritage Month Presented by HSS
- New York Liberty Postgame Notes vs. Dallas Wings
- Liberty Sign Stokes to Contract Extension
- New York Liberty Postgame Notes vs. Washington Mystics
- New York Liberty Postgame Notes vs. Indiana Fever