Julie Allemand Named to Associated Press All-Rookie Team
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Fever guard Julie Allemand was named to the Associated Press All-Rookie Team today.
Allemand is the fourth Fever rookie to make the AP All-Rookie Team, joining Teaira McCowan (2019), Kelsey Mitchell (2018) and Tiffany Mitchell (2016).
In her rookie season with the Fever, Allemand became the first rookie in WNBA history to average at least 8.0 points, 5.0 assists and 4.0 rebounds per game. The 5-foot-8 guard was the ninth rookie in league history to record at least eight assists in six games during her inaugural WNBA season.
In the third game of her WNBA career against the Dallas Wings on July 31, Allemand's 11 assists tied a franchise record for the most assists in a single game. She joined Coquese Washington and Vice President of Basketball Operations and General Manager, Tamika Catchings, as the only players in Fever history with multiple games recording at least 10 assists.
Allemand was the only rookie to start every game this season, as she ended the 2020 season averaging the second most assists in the WNBA at 5.8 assists per contest.
She is joined on the AP All-Rookie Team with Crystal Dangerfield (Minnesota Lynx), Satou Sabally (Dallas Wings), Chennedy Carter (Atlanta Dream) and Jazmine Jones (New York Liberty).
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 15, 2020
- Minnesota Lynx Guard Crystal Dangerfield Named WNBA Rookie of the Month - Minnesota Lynx
- Alyssa Thomas and DeWanna Bonner Named to Associated Press All-WNBA Second Team - Connecticut Sun
- Julie Allemand Named to Associated Press All-Rookie Team - Indiana Fever
- New York Liberty to Celebrate Inaugural Hispanic Heritage Month Presented by HSS - New York Liberty
- WNBA Announces Officials for 2020 Playoffs - WNBA
- Vandersloot Officially First Player in WNBA History to Average 10.0 APG in Season - Chicago Sky
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indiana Fever Stories
- Tamika Catchings Honored as Torchbearer Award Recipient
- Julie Allemand Named to WNBA All-Rookie Team
- Julie Allemand Named to Associated Press All-Rookie Team
- Dupree Moves into Sixth on WNBA All-Time Rebounding List
- Fever End 2020 Regular Season against Minnesota on Saturday