Utah's Kinasewich Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Player Of The Month For October
November 5, 2009 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - Ryan Kinasewich of the Utah Grizzlies is the Reebok Hockey ECHL Player of the Month for October. It is the third time that he has been selected for the honor having won in February 2006 and January 2009.
Kinasewich led the league in October with nine goals and three game-winning goals while tying for the lead with 14 points in five games.
The 26 year old registered his sixth career hat trick and had four points in a 5-3 season-opening win at Las Vegas on Oct. 16. He closed out the month with three consecutive two-goal games scoring three points against Idaho on Oct. 24, four points at Las Vegas on Oct. 28 and three points at Bakersfield on Oct. 30.
He scored his 112th goal to become the Grizzlies all-time leader on Oct. 23 surpassing Chris Taylor. Kinasewich led the Grizzlies in scoring for three seasons in a row from 2005-2008 and he is second all-time with 267 points (117g-150a) in 185 regular season games while adding 14 points (10g-4a) in 21 Kelly Cup Playoff games.
The native of Edmonton, Alberta has played in the ECHL each of his first six professional seasons and has 305 points (133g-172a) and 227 penalty minutes in 228 regular season games and 20 points (11g-9a) and 36 penalty minutes in 26 Kelly Cup Playoff games with Utah and Reading. He has also played in the American Hockey League where he has 15 points (6g-9a) and 18 penalty minutes in 61 games for Bridgeport, Hamilton, Lake Erie and Manchester.
Runners Up: Tyler Donati, Elmira (7 gp, 4g, 10a, 14 pts) and Stefano Giliati, Reading (7 gp, 6g, 8a, 14 pts).
Also Nominated: Colin Hemingway (Alaska), Dan Sexton (Bakersfield), Michel Leveille (Charlotte), Tom Zanoski (Gwinnett), Tyler Spurgeon (Idaho), Rick Cleaver (Kalamazoo), Jon Rheault (Ontario), Nikita Kashirsky (South Carolina), Judd Blackwater (Stockton), Jean-Claude Sawyer (Toledo) and Chad Painchaud (Victoria).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 5, 2009
- Condors Roll Over Wranglers - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Topped By Condors, 4-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Chiefs Storm Past Cyclones - Johnstown Chiefs
- Utah's Kinasewich Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Player Of The Month For October - ECHL
- Kalamazoo's Nie Named ECHL Goaltender Of The Month For October - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Everblades Get Split With Charlotte Via 7-0 Win - Florida Everblades
- Johnstown Claims 4-3 Win Over Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Checkers Swamped By Florida - Charlotte Checkers
- Gijac Placed on IR; Aiello Activated Off 21-day IR - Florida Everblades
- Salmon Kings' Latendresse Returns From Loan - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Las Vegas Wranglers To Require All Fans To Wear Adidas Shoes In Would Be $3 Million Deal - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Colbert Called Up To Worcester - Kalamazoo Wings
- Ryan Nie Wins Award And Gets Call To The AHL - Kalamazoo Wings
- Graham Loaned To Norfolk; Chappell Assigned - Charlotte Checkers
- Ryan Kinasewich Named ECHL Player Of The Month - Utah Grizzlies
- Nailers Power Hour At 6pm With Andrew Lord - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Chiefs Claim Rugged Winger Off Waivers - Johnstown Chiefs
- Reign Falls To Thunder, 3-2 - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.