USL Championship Extends Temporary Suspension of Season
The United Soccer League announced today, following approval from the USL Championship's Board of Governors, that the previously announced 30-day temporary suspension of play in the Championship will be extended to align with recent guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on restricting public gatherings of 50 or more people through Sunday, May 10th.
As a club, El Paso Locomotive FC thoroughly supports USL in its decision to extend the temporary suspension. The safety, health and well-being of our supporters, players, staff and greater community remains our highest priority. We will continue to closely monitor the ongoing developments surrounding COVID-19 and work closely with local, regional, and national health and governmental agencies.
We appreciate the ongoing support, patience, and understanding of our fans throughout these unprecedented circumstances. Locomotive FC will continue to provide updates on the 2020 USL Championship season as they become available. Remember to care for one another, stay safe and stay healthy.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 18, 2020
- USL Extends League Play Suspension to May 10 - Loudoun United FC
- Suspended Games Ticket Policy - Charlotte Independence
- USL Suspension in Play Extended Until May 10 - Louisville City FC
- USL Championship Extends Temporary Suspension of Season - New Mexico United
- USL Championship Updates Timeline for Return to Play - FC Tulsa
- North Carolina FC Statement on Extended Suspension of USL Championship Season - North Carolina FC
- USL Championship Extends Temporary Suspension of Season - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Riverhounds SC Season Suspension Extended Through May 10 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- USL Championship Suspends 2020 Season Through May 10 - Indy Eleven
- Statement from the Rio Grande Valley FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- USL Announces Extension to Temporary Suspension of Competition - Reno 1868 FC
- Usl Championship Extends Temporary Suspension of Play Through May 10 - OKC Energy FC
- USL Championship Extends Temporary Suspension of Season - USL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Locomotive FC Stories
- Chihuahuas and Locomotive Front Office Staffs to Offer Support to Area Non-Profit Organizations
- El Paso Locomotive FC Unveils 2020 Return to Play Schedule
- El Paso Locomotive FC Set to Host Rio Grande Valley FC in Return to Play Opener
- USL Championship Unveils 2020 Season Format
- El Paso Locomotive FC Unveils Locomotive Youth Soccer Club