USL Extends League Play Suspension to May 10
Loudoun County, Va. - The United Soccer League (USL) announced today, following approval from the USL Championship's Board of Governors, that the previously announced 30-day temporary suspension of play in the Championship will be extended to align with the recent guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on restricting public gatherings of 50 or more people to Sunday, May 10.
Since Loudoun United FC's first home match of the 2020 USL Championship season against the Charlotte Independence at Segra Field scheduled for May 6 falls within the extended suspension window it will be rescheduled. This is also the case for the club's three away matches previously scheduled in April.
The safety of our supporters, players and staff remains our number one priority and we continue to believe these measures are the appropriate response and course of action to support health authorities' ongoing efforts to flatten the curve of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
We greatly appreciate your support and will provide updates on our rescheduled matches as soon as they are made available by the USL.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 18, 2020
- USL Extends League Play Suspension to May 10 - Loudoun United FC
- Suspended Games Ticket Policy - Charlotte Independence
- USL Suspension in Play Extended Until May 10 - Louisville City FC
- USL Championship Extends Temporary Suspension of Season - New Mexico United
- USL Championship Updates Timeline for Return to Play - FC Tulsa
- North Carolina FC Statement on Extended Suspension of USL Championship Season - North Carolina FC
- USL Championship Extends Temporary Suspension of Season - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Riverhounds SC Season Suspension Extended Through May 10 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- USL Championship Suspends 2020 Season Through May 10 - Indy Eleven
- Statement from the Rio Grande Valley FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- USL Announces Extension to Temporary Suspension of Competition - Reno 1868 FC
- Usl Championship Extends Temporary Suspension of Play Through May 10 - OKC Energy FC
- USL Championship Extends Temporary Suspension of Season - USL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.