USL Championship Updates Timeline for Return to Play
The United Soccer League announced today, following approval from the USL Championship's Board of Governors, that the previously announced 30-day temporary suspension of play in the Championship will be extended to align with recent guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on restricting public gatherings of 50 or more people through Sunday, May 10th.
To every USL Championship supporter across the country, we want to thank you for your patience and understanding during these extraordinary circumstances. As always, your safety, health and wellness are our top priority. We will continue to monitor ongoing events, receive guidance from local, state and national health authorities, and participate in a national task force comprised of other professional sports leagues and organizations from around the country. We also want to extend our support and best wishes to all the individuals and communities who have been impacted by COVID-19.
We look forward to being back in action again soon.
FC Tulsa Statement
Today, the USL Championship announced an extension of its suspension of the 2020 season through May 10 to align with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on restricting public gatherings of 50 or more people.
We strongly agree that this decision is the correct one, and we remain focused on the health and safety of our fans and the greater Tulsa community. While the updated timeline means that our home matches on April 18 and May 2 have been postponed, as it stands FC Tulsa will return to action for its nationally televised match on ESPNDeportes against OKC Energy FC on May 12 before returning home on May 16 against Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC.
FC Tulsa will continue to remain in contact with local and national health authorities to ensure we are making the best decisions as a club for our community during this unprecedented time.
Thank you to our fans for their continued patience, understanding and support. We can't wait to take the pitch in front of you in 2020.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 18, 2020
- USL Extends League Play Suspension to May 10 - Loudoun United FC
- Suspended Games Ticket Policy - Charlotte Independence
- USL Suspension in Play Extended Until May 10 - Louisville City FC
- USL Championship Extends Temporary Suspension of Season - New Mexico United
- USL Championship Updates Timeline for Return to Play - FC Tulsa
- North Carolina FC Statement on Extended Suspension of USL Championship Season - North Carolina FC
- USL Championship Extends Temporary Suspension of Season - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Riverhounds SC Season Suspension Extended Through May 10 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- USL Championship Suspends 2020 Season Through May 10 - Indy Eleven
- Statement from the Rio Grande Valley FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- USL Announces Extension to Temporary Suspension of Competition - Reno 1868 FC
- Usl Championship Extends Temporary Suspension of Play Through May 10 - OKC Energy FC
- USL Championship Extends Temporary Suspension of Season - USL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Tulsa Stories
- The Tulsan Bar to Host Safe, Distant FC Tulsa Watch Party on Monday Night
- FC Tulsa Signs Midfielder Fabian Bastidas
- FC Tulsa Unveils Full 2020 USL Championship Schedule
- FC Tulsa to Restart 2020 Season with Nationally Televised Rivalry Match
- FC Tulsa Placed in Group D for USL Championship Restart