U.S. Women's National Team Defender Christie Rampone to Attend Sacramento Republic FC Match May 14
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Eight-Year United States Women's National Team Captain (2008-2015) Christie Rampone will attend the Sacramento Republic FC vs Seattle Sounders FC 2 match on May 14 at Bonney Field. Kickoff is 7:30 p.m. Rampone will be participating in a variety of activities including a private soccer clinic for underserved youth and a pre-match 'chalk talk' presented by Wells Fargo.
"Being part of the Sacramento Republic FC game-day festivities is something I look forward to and I am excited to witness the soccer celebration that this city is known for," said Rampone. "Sacramento has a long history of supporting women's pro sports and with the likelihood that it will be an MLS city soon, I look forward to the possibilities of the NWSL also expanding to this soccer community."
Rampone has played in five FIFA Women's World Cups, including the USWNT's victories in 1999 and 2015. She has represented the U.S. in four Olympic Games, including the USWNT gold-medal victories in 2004, 2008 and 2012. Her career includes 311 caps, second most in US and world history. Rampone, considered to one of the best defenders in the world, became the oldest player to appear in a FIFA Women's World Cup, turning 40 years old during last year's tournament. The New Jersey native is the captain of Sky Blue FC of the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL).
In collaboration with Republic FC to grow the world's game, Rampone will lead a private soccer clinic for approximately 40 underserved youth on the day of the match. The clinic will be invite only and made possible courtesy of Wells Fargo.
The pre-match 'chalk talk' session will take place in the North endline section at Bonney Field beginning at 6 p.m. Individuals and groups who have a ticket to the May 14 match may attend the Q&A 'chalk talk' for free. Groups of 25 or more will also receive an opportunity to take a photo with Rampone on the field prior to the match. Details to be released directly to groups attending.
Tickets are still available for the May 14 match. For information on group tickets call (916) 307-6100 or visit SacRepublicFC.com.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from May 5, 2016
- OCB Finishes Busy Week Saturday against Bethlehem Steel FC - Orlando City B
- Islanders Host Cincinnati for First Time in Club History - Penn FC
- San Antonio FC Signs Defender Ryan Roushandel - San Antonio FC
- Hammerheads Travel to Richmond for Round 2 - Wilmington Hammerheads FC
- U.S. Women's National Team Defender Christie Rampone to Attend Sacramento Republic FC Match May 14 - Sacramento Republic FC
- Provisional Rosters Announced for 2016 Copa America - Phoenix Rising FC
- Charleston Battery at Rochester Rhinos Preview - Charleston Battery
- Sacramento Republic FC to Host Tryouts for U-14, U-15/16 and U-17/18 Academy Teams - Sacramento Republic FC
- Kickers Host Wilmington Saturday - Richmond Kickers
- Late Goals Not Enough to Edge LA Galaxy II - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Roughnecks Falter in Final Minutes in 3-2 Loss - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- FC Cincinnati Handles Weather, OCB in 3-1 Road Win - FC Cincinnati
- Greig, Froese, Haber Lead Whitecaps FC 2 to Thrilling Late Comeback over Tulsa Roughnecks FC 3-2 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2
- OCB Falls 3-1 to FC Cincinnati in Heavy Rain - Orlando City B
- LouCity Silences MLS-Loaded Toronto FC II in Midweek Match - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Republic FC Stories
- Playoff-Bound Republic FC Fall to OCSC But Still Have the Possibility of a Home Play-In Game
- Republic FC Academy Players Shine in Loss to FC Juarez
- Republic FC Defender Juan Barahona Called up to El Salvador Men's National Team
- Republic FC Reclaim Fourth Place Following Saturday's Win in Tulsa
- Republic FC Come-From-Behind to Pick up a Point against LA Galaxy II