OCB Finishes Busy Week Saturday against Bethlehem Steel FC
MELBOURNE, Fla. - After Wednesday's rainy encounter against FC Cincinnati, Orlando City B (2-4-1, 7 points) returns to Titan Soccer Complex to take on Bethlehem Steel FC (2-2-2, 8 points) on Saturday, May 7 at 7:30 p.m. E.T.
"We're looking for a positive reaction from the guys after a disappointing result. I thought the performance, for the most part, was good so if we can have a performance like we have done in the last three or four games then we'll be pleased," OCB head coach Anthony Pulis said. "Hopefully we can cut out the defensive mistakes and get a positive result and end what's been a difficult week with three games in seven days."
This is the first-ever meeting between these two sides, as both OCB and Bethlehem Steel FC are in their inaugural United Soccer League (USL) seasons. The game will be streamed online at www.OrlandoCitySC.com/LIVE.
OCB enters the match after playing a two-hour delayed game against FC Cincinnati on Wednesday. The Lions took a 1-0 lead following Orlando City Designated Player Bryan Róchez's second goal of the season after Hadji Barry was taken down in the box following a nifty run. FCC responded soon after and then took the lead from the penalty spot. Cincinnati scored again in the final minute of stoppage time.
The match also saw goalkeeper Jake Fenlason's debut. The San Diego, Calif. native entered the game in place of Róchez after OCB goalkeeper Mark Ridgers was forced to make a tackle in the box, leading to a straight red card.
Eric Ayuk leads Bethlehem with two goals and three assists in six games. In their last match, Bethlehem played to a scoreless draw against Louisville City FC. They played another 0-0 game in their previous match against the Charleston Battery.
This is the last of three home games in the span of a week for OCB. The Lions began the home stand on Sunday with a 1-0 against FC Montreal before Wednesday's match.
After Saturday's contest, the Lions get roughly a two-week break before their next match, when the Rochester Rhinos visit Titan Soccer Complex on Sunday, May 22. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. E.T.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from May 5, 2016
- OCB Finishes Busy Week Saturday against Bethlehem Steel FC - Orlando City B
- Islanders Host Cincinnati for First Time in Club History - Penn FC
- San Antonio FC Signs Defender Ryan Roushandel - San Antonio FC
- Hammerheads Travel to Richmond for Round 2 - Wilmington Hammerheads FC
- U.S. Women's National Team Defender Christie Rampone to Attend Sacramento Republic FC Match May 14 - Sacramento Republic FC
- Provisional Rosters Announced for 2016 Copa America - Phoenix Rising FC
- Charleston Battery at Rochester Rhinos Preview - Charleston Battery
- Sacramento Republic FC to Host Tryouts for U-14, U-15/16 and U-17/18 Academy Teams - Sacramento Republic FC
- Kickers Host Wilmington Saturday - Richmond Kickers
- Late Goals Not Enough to Edge LA Galaxy II - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Roughnecks Falter in Final Minutes in 3-2 Loss - FC Tulsa
- FC Cincinnati Handles Weather, OCB in 3-1 Road Win - FC Cincinnati
- Greig, Froese, Haber Lead Whitecaps FC 2 to Thrilling Late Comeback over Tulsa Roughnecks FC 3-2 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2
- OCB Falls 3-1 to FC Cincinnati in Heavy Rain - Orlando City B
- LouCity Silences MLS-Loaded Toronto FC II in Midweek Match - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City B Stories
- Orlando City B Statement on Temporary Suspension of 2020 League One Season
- Orlando City B Announces Roster Ahead of 2020 USL League One Season
- Orlando City B Unveils Complete 2020 Schedule
- Orlando City SC Appoints Marcelo Neveleff as OCB Head Coach
- Orlando City B to Host Chattanooga Red Wolves on April 11 in 2020