Provisional Rosters Announced for 2016 Copa America
The Copa America Centenario Local Organizing Committee, unveiled Wednesday the preliminary 40-player rosters submitted by the 16 participating member associations for this summer's Copa America Centenario.
World stars Lionel Messi (Argentina), Michael Bradley (USA), Kaka (Brazil), Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez (Mexico), James Rodriguez (Colombia) and Luis Suarez (Uruguay) are among the notable inclusions to the sixteen national team rosters.
In line with the Tournament Regulations, these rosters are binding and will serve as the basis for teams to select their final 23-player squads that will take part in this summer's Copa America Centenario from June 3-26. Final player rosters must be submitted to the Copa America Centenario Local Organizing Committee by Friday, May 20.
A player listed on a team's final tournament roster may only be replaced in the event of serious injury up until 24 hours before his team's first match, after the Local Organizing Committee has received a detailed medical assessment and only after the acceptance by the tournament Medical Committee that the injury is sufficiently serious to prevent the player from taking part in the Competition. Injury replacements must come from the preliminary 40-player roster.
The tournament will open on Friday, June 3, when host United States welcomes Colombia to Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California, in Group A action. The inaugural match will kick off at 9:30 p.m. ET.
Copa America Centenario - which will count on the participation of half of the world's Top 10 nations per the April FIFA Rankings - will be broadcast around the world, and on the Univision Network and FOX family of networks, as well as on Futbol de Primera Radio in the United States.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from May 5, 2016
- OCB Finishes Busy Week Saturday against Bethlehem Steel FC - Orlando City B
- Islanders Host Cincinnati for First Time in Club History - Penn FC
- San Antonio FC Signs Defender Ryan Roushandel - San Antonio FC
- Hammerheads Travel to Richmond for Round 2 - Wilmington Hammerheads FC
- U.S. Women's National Team Defender Christie Rampone to Attend Sacramento Republic FC Match May 14 - Sacramento Republic FC
- Provisional Rosters Announced for 2016 Copa America - Phoenix Rising FC
- Charleston Battery at Rochester Rhinos Preview - Charleston Battery
- Sacramento Republic FC to Host Tryouts for U-14, U-15/16 and U-17/18 Academy Teams - Sacramento Republic FC
- Kickers Host Wilmington Saturday - Richmond Kickers
- Late Goals Not Enough to Edge LA Galaxy II - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Roughnecks Falter in Final Minutes in 3-2 Loss - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- FC Cincinnati Handles Weather, OCB in 3-1 Road Win - FC Cincinnati
- Greig, Froese, Haber Lead Whitecaps FC 2 to Thrilling Late Comeback over Tulsa Roughnecks FC 3-2 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2
- OCB Falls 3-1 to FC Cincinnati in Heavy Rain - Orlando City B
- LouCity Silences MLS-Loaded Toronto FC II in Midweek Match - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Rising FC Stories
- Phoenix Rising Caps Historic 2019 Regular Season with 3-1 Win over OKC Energy on $1 Beer Night
- Phoenix Rising Looks to Close out Historic 2019 Regular Season on High Note
- Phoenix Rising Falls to Real Monarchs 2-1
- Rising FC Duo Named to USL Championship Team of the Week
- Phoenix Rising Ties USL Championship Record for Wins with Wild 5-3 Victory over Portland