Two Roughnecks Named to NLL All-Pro Teams
Calgary, AB - The National Lacrosse League announced today that Calgary Roughnecks forwards Shawn Evans and Curtis Dickson have been named to the 2013 NLL All-Pro Teams.
Evans, a native of Peterborough, Ontario, finished the 2013 season matching a personal best in goals at 32, while setting career highs in both assists (80) and points (112) to capture the NLL's scoring title. His 112-point season, which matches the fifth-most single season points in NLL history, surpassed the franchise record of 104 points set by both Josh Sanderson (2010) and Lewis Ratcliff (2007). Evans, now named to an All-Pro Team for the second-straight season, was acquired by the Roughnecks from the Rochester Knighthawks in 2011. Over two seasons in Calgary, the eight-year NLL veteran has amassed 64 goals and 191 points over 32 games played.
Evans joins Minnesota Swarm transition player Jordan MacIntosh, Edmonton Rush defenceman Kyle Rubisch, Rochester Knighthawks goaltender Matt Vinc and forwards Garrett Billings (Toronto) and Rhys Duch (Washington) on the All-Pro First Team.
Dickson, who just completed his third NLL season, notched a team-leading 42 goals and added 20 assists to record a career-high 62 points over 16 regular season games. The 24-year-old forward, who led the NLL in both game-winning goals (5) and shorthanded goals (6) during the 2013 campaign, recorded eight goals, including a seven-goal performance, and 10 points in two games this post-season. His seven-goal night set a franchise record for most goals in single playoff game, while also becoming the first player to score seven goals in a playoff game since Buffalo's Mark Steenhuis in 2008. Calgary selected the Port Coquitlam, British Columbia product third overall in the 2010 NLL Entry Draft.
Joining Dickson on the All-Pro Second Team are forwards Callum Crawford (Minnesota) and John Grant Jr. (Colorado), Toronto Rock transition player Jesse Gamble, Washington Stealth defenceman Mike Grimes and Philadelphia Wings goaltender Brandon Miller.
The 2013 NLL Season Awards are determined by a vote of the league's Board of Governors, General Managers and Head Coaches.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from May 7, 2013
- Grant Jr. Named All-Pro for Ninth Time - Colorado Mammoth
- Stealth's Rhys Duch and Mike Grimes named to 2013 NLL All-Pro Team - Washington Stealth
- Vinc Named to NLL First Team - Rochester Knighthawks
- Minnesota Swarm's Macintosh and Crawford Earn All-Pro Honors - Minnesota Swarm
- Philadelphia Wings Goalie Brandon Miller Named to NLL All-Pro Second Team - Philadelphia Wings
- Rubish Named to NLL ALL-Pro Team - Edmonton Rush
- League Announces 2013 NLL All-Pro Teams - NLL
- Two Roughnecks Named to NLL All-Pro Teams - Calgary Roughnecks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Calgary Roughnecks Stories
- Roughnecks Re-Sign Three Players Including Dan Taylor to One-Year Agreements
- Roughnecks Re-Sign Defenceman Mitch Wilde
- Roughnecks and Ascent Consulting Ltd. Direct $4,860 to KidSport Calgary
- Roughnecks Announce Plans for Annual St. Patrick's Day Party on Friday, March 13
- Roughnecks Defeat Rock 13-10 and Return to .500