Two Hitmen Selected in 2018 NHL Draft
Calgary, AB - The Calgary Hitmen Hockey Club is proud to announce two players from their current roster have been selected in the 2018 NHL Draft.
Riley Stotts was drafted in the third round, 83rd overall, by the Toronto Maple Leafs while Vladislav Yeryomenko was selected in the fifth round, 151st overall, by the Nashville Predators.
"This is a tremendous accomplishment for both players and the first step towards reaching their goal of playing in the NHL," said Hitmen General Manager Jeff Chynoweth. "Being selected today should help not only elevate their individual games but also that of our team when they return to the Hitmen this fall."
Stotts, who can play both centre and the wing, was acquired by the Hitmen on Nov. 25, 2017 in a trade with the Swift Current Broncos. Selected 10th overall in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft, he recorded a breakout season in 2017/18 recording almost a point a game in Calgary tallying 41 points in 47 games. Stotts also registered 15 points (7g, 8a) in his final 15 appearances to finish fourth in team scoring.
Yeryomenko, a 19-year-old defenceman from Vitebsk, Belarus, was named Calgary's top defenceman this past season after posting a career high 13 goals and 41 points. He also suited up for his home country at the 2018 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship posting four points (1g, 3a) in six games.
CALGARY HITMEN 2018 NHL DRAFT BOARD
RD PICK PLAYER NHL TEAM 2017-18 STATS
3 83 Riley Stotts Toronto Maple Leafs 69GP (19G, 25A) 44PTS
5 151 Vladislav Yeryomenko Nashville Predators 63GP (13G, 28A) 41PTS
The 2018-19 Hitmen Hockey Pass is on sale now and includes 34 game tickets to be used anytime, in any combination. Pass holders also receive a $50 Scotiabank Saddledome gift card and a complimentary ticket to a select Flames, Roughnecks or Stampeders game. Passes start at less than $7 per ticket for kids and under $15 for adults. Applicable fees and taxes apply. Visit HitmenHockey.com to score yours today!
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 23, 2018
- Florchuk Selected in NHL Entry Draft by Washington - Saskatoon Blades
- 78 CHL Players Selected in 2018 NHL Draft - WHL
- Oil Kings Fix-Wolansky Selected in 2018 NHL Draft - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Two Hitmen Selected in 2018 NHL Draft - Calgary Hitmen
- Philadelphia Flyers Select Silvertips Defenseman and Everett Native Wyatte Wylie in the Fifth Round of the 2018 NHL Draft - Everett Silvertips
- Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Select Silvertips Forward Riley Sutter in the Third Round of the 2018 NHL Draft - Everett Silvertips
- Minnesota Wild Select Silvertips Forward Connor Dewar in the Third Round of the 2018 NHL Draft - Everett Silvertips
- Giants Defenceman Alex Kannok Leipert Selected by the Washington Capitals in Round 6 - Vancouver Giants
- David Tendeck Selected by the Arizona Coyotes in Round 6 - Vancouver Giants
- Hofer Selected by St. Louis Blues at 2018 NHL Draft - Swift Current Broncos
- Filip Kral Drafted in Fifth Round by Toronto Maple Leafs - Spokane Chiefs
- Fonstad Drafted by Montreal Canadiens - Prince Albert Raiders
- Milos Roman Selected by the Calgary Flames in Round 4 - Vancouver Giants
- Two WHL Players Selected in First Round of 2018 NHL Draft - WHL
- Addison Selected 53rd Overall by the Pittsburgh Penguins - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Woo Selected by Canucks - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Rebels D-Man Alexeyev Selected by Stanley Cup Champion Capitals - Red Deer Rebels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.