Two Energy FC Players Called up to National Teams
Energy FC defender Alvin Jones and midfielder Je-Vaughn Watson have been called up to represent the Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica national teams, respectively, for upcoming Concacaf Nations League matches.
Jones and the Soca Warriors will take on Martinique Friday, September 6 in Fort-de-France, Martinique, and the sides will meet again on Monday, September 9 in Puerto Espana, Trinidad and Tobago.
Watson and the Reggae Boyz will face Antigua and Barbuda Friday, September 6 in Montego Bay, Jamaica and then travel to take on Guyana Monday, September 9 in Georgetown, Guyana.
Both players, in addition to Josh Garcia, who is also away on national team duty with the Dominican Republic, will miss Energy FC's next match at home against New Mexico United Sunday, September 8.
"We're delighted for Alvin and Je-Vaughn for their international call-ups", said Head Coach Steve Cooke. "Anytime they get to represent their countries, it is a wonderful honor for them and their families. We wish them nothing but the best, and we'll miss them while they are away. Hopefully they enjoy their time with the national team, return to us healthy and are ready to join us in the final push of the season to make the playoffs."
Energy FC have had nine players earn national team call-ups while with the club. In addition to Jones and Watson, Cordell Cato (Trinidad and Tobago), Coy Craft (U.S. U-20 team), Josh Garcia (Dominican Republic), Atiba Harris (Saint Kitts & Nevis), Cody Laurendi (Puerto Rico), Jaime Siaj (Jordan) and Mekeil Williams (Trinidad and Tobago) have all received the honor.
Energy FC's next match is at home Sunday, September 8 against New Mexico United FC. The match will kick off at 6 p.m. CDT from Taft Stadium and tickets are available at energyfc.com/september or by calling (405)235-KICK.
Images from this story
OKC Energy FC defender Alvin Jones
OKC Energy FC midfielder Je-Vaughn Watson
OKC Energy FC defender Alvin Jones and midfielder Je-Vaughn Watson
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 3, 2019
- Lights FC Announce "La Bonita Family 4-Pack" with Official Lights FC Youth Jersey for Only $44 - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Legion FC Announces Fall Promotional Schedule - Birmingham Legion FC
- STLFC vs. Ottawa Fury FC FAQs - Saint Louis FC
- Independence Partners with DICK's Sporting Goods - Charlotte Independence
- Najem Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Memphis 901 FC
- Justin Dhillon Named to USL Championship Team of the Week for Week 26 - Tacoma Defiance
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC vs Saint Louis FC (September 4) - Ottawa Fury FC
- Indy Eleven to Host Popular Soccer Broadcaster Fernando Fiore on Hispanic Heritage Night - Indy Eleven
- Reno Signs German Attacker to 2019 Contract - Reno 1868 FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Revives Saints-And-Sinners Rivalry with Las Vegas Lights FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Preview | Indy Eleven Hosts Eastern Conference Leaders New York Red Bulls II - Indy Eleven
- Bradley Bourgeois Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Nashville SC
- Pittsburgh's Brett Voted Championship Player of the Week - USL
- Adam Jahn Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Phoenix Rising FC
- Nashville SC Climbs Three Spots in USL Championship Power Rankings - Nashville SC
- Two Energy FC Players Called up to National Teams - OKC Energy FC
- Championship Weekend Recap - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent OKC Energy FC Stories
- Energy FC Play Final Home Match Tomorrow Night
- Energy FC to Host Parks and Rec Night with Special Guest Perd Hapley
- Energy FC in Orange County for Must-Win Match Saturday Night
- Energy FC Take on LA Galaxy II Tomorrow Night
- Energy FC Host Penultimate Home Match Tomorrow Night