Tri-City Completes Late Rally
A late push lifted the Tri-City Dust Devils (43-65) to the 3-1 victory over the Eugene Emeralds on Thursday night at Gesa Stadium. Kenyon Yovan gave Tri-City the lead in the top of the eighth inning with a two-run single that came with two outs.
Both teams had strong pitching throughout the night. Dakota Donovan earned the win after tossing two scoreless innings in relief. Newcomer Nathan Burns earned the first save of his pro career in his debut with the Dust Devils after slamming the door shut on the Emeralds.
Right-hander Matthew McMillan will toe the rubber the Dust Devils in the third matchup of the series on Friday. The Emeralds will counter with left-hander Jake Dahlberg.
For more information regarding tickets for upcoming home games visit www.dustdevilsbaseball.com or call the team's office at (509) 544-8789.
Images from this story
Tri-City Dust Devils first baseman Kenyon Yovan
• Discuss this story on the High-A West League message board...
High-A West League Stories from September 17, 2021
- Late-Game Rally Falls Short, 12-11 - Everett AquaSox
- Indians to Host All High-A West Playoff Games Starting Tuesday - Spokane Indians
- Hillsboro Hops Announce Details for 2022 Schedule - Hillsboro Hops
- C's on Wrong End of Back-And-Forth Battle - Vancouver Canadians
- Hops Clinch "Battle of the Boro" with Third Straight W - Hillsboro Hops
- Spokane's Bats Heat Up, 11-4 - Everett AquaSox
- Ems Can't Capitalize On Teng's Stellar Start - Eugene Emeralds
- Tri-City Completes Late Rally - Tri-City Dust Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.