Trevor Ludwig Headed to NHL Training Camp
Allen, Texas - Allen Americans defenseman, Trevor Ludwig played in his first game with the Houston Aeros Sunday night and is now headed NHL training camp in Minnesota.
The Houston Aeros, the American Hockey League affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, will be a part of the National Hockey League training camp this week in Minnesota, as the NHL gets ready for its opening this weekend.
Trevor Ludwig, in 33 games for the Americans this season, has 6 goals and 12 assists, for 18 points. This is Trevor's first AHL call-up of the season, and the second Ludwig to be called up by the Aeros the last two weekends. Tyler Ludwig was called up for one game by the Aeros last week.
"It's a great opportunity for Trevor and maybe a little more," said Allen Americans Special Assistant to the Coaching Staff Craig Ludwig, former Stanley Cup winner and father of Americans defensemen Trevor and Tyler Ludwig. "You get the exposure at the American League level and then the opportunity to participate in Minnesota Wild training camp, and be seen by some NHL brass. It's great that the Houston Aeros have given some of our players an opportunity to play at the next level."
The Americans are the Central Hockey League affiliate of the Houston Aeros. Trevor joins Mike Montgomery and Tyler Ludwig on the list of players who have been called up from Allen to Houston.
The Allen Americans return to action after the break, with a two game weekend set against the Arizona Sundogs at Tim's Toyota Center in Prescott Valley, Arizona.
Group Tickets- Have a group that would like to attend an Americans home game? Contact the Allen Americans Group Sales Department at 972-912-1000
Allen Americans Broadcast- Listen to all Allen Americans games with Tommy Daniels streaming online at www.97.5klak.com or www.allenamericans.com . Be sure to catch the Steve Martinson Show every Wednesday morning at 7:20 am on KLAK with Johnny B & Carrie.
Allen Americans on the Airwaves- Catch the Steve Martinson Show every Wednesday morning at 7:20 am on KLAK with Johnny B & Carrie. Richard Matvichuk joins Jason Taylor every Wednesday morning at 8:05 am on 93.1 KATY Country. Craig Ludwig talks hockey every Wednesday morning at 8:40 on Mad Rock 102.5. Americans Broadcaster Tommy Daniels and a selected Allen Americans player are in the KLAK studios every Friday morning at 7:55 am.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2013
- Shots from the Point for January 14, 2013 - CHL
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Fort Worth's John Snowden Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- John Snowden Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Bloomington Blaze Weekly - Bloomington Blaze
- Trevor Ludwig Headed to NHL Training Camp - Allen Americans
- Mavericks' Goaltender Mathieu Corbeil Recalled by Chicago - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Cutthroats Weekly Update - Denver Cutthroats
- Brahmas Weekly Update - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Oilers Weekly News and Notes - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.