Trenton's Stephen Schultz Named ECHL Player of the Week
TRENTON, NJ - The Trenton Titans, members of the ECHL and proud affiliate of the National Hockey League's Philadelphia Flyers, have happy to announce that forward Stephen Schultz has been named the Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week for Feb. 18-24.
The 25-year old, Westbury, NY, native scored five goals, all on the power play, added three assists and was a +3 in three games, helping Trenton to a 2-0-1 record during the week. Schultz had an assist in a 5-4 shootout loss against Elmira on Friday (his first game back from injury), then tied an ECHL single-game record with four power-play goals in a 6-0 win over Reading on Saturday. It was his second hat trick of the season. He scored another power-play goal, and added two assists, in a 5-3 win at Reading on Sunday.
Schultz has 45 points (21g-24a) in 42 games this season, and leads the Titans with 21 goals while leading the ECHL with 14 power-play goals. He has scored 48 points (23g-25a) in 44 career ECHL games with Trenton and Idaho and has added 11 points (8g-3a) in 39 games with Texas of the American Hockey League.
With the award Schultz becomes the third Titan to be honored by the league. Phil DeSimone (now at Albany-AHL) was the Player of the Week for December 17-23, 2012, and Marcel Noebels (now with Adirondack-AHL) was the Rookie of the Month for December.
The Trenton Titans returned in the 2011-12 hockey season after a five year hiatus and boasted a 26.1% increase in attendance over the previous year, the largest of any team in the (then) 20-team ECHL. For information on team events, to purchase tickets for the 2012-13 season or to inquire about 2013-14 Season Ticket packages, call the Titans' offices at 609-341-1100, or go to TrentonTitansHockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 26, 2013
- Cyclones Topple Titans, 7-4 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Shorthanded Gladiators Pull out 2-1 OT Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Pickup Standings Point in Overtime Loss to Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
- STH Alert: Upcoming Important Renewal Checkpoints - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - February 26 - ECHL
- Stingrays Receive Defenseman Ryan McGinnis from Florida - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades Send Defenseman Ryan McGinnis to South Carolina - Florida Everblades
- Georgia Native Doug Jones Called up to AHL Texas - Atlanta Gladiators
- Smith Re-Assigned to Idaho by NHL's Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Trenton's Stephen Schultz Named ECHL Player of the Week - Trenton Titans
- SF Bulls Continue with Road Trip in Utah - San Francisco Bulls
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Trenton - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Titans GameDay at Cincinnati, February 26 - Game 57 (Away 28) - Trenton Titans
- Have Fun with the Jackals this Week - Elmira Jackals
- QMJHL MVP Yanni Gourde Loaned to Bulls from Worcester - San Francisco Bulls
- Trenton's Schultz Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Stretch Answers AHL Call - Ontario Reign
- Stajcer Reassigned to Road Warriors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Zapolski Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- South Carolina's Zapolski Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: 2-For-1 Tickets Tonight vs. Gwinnett Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 26 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Trenton Titans Stories
- Trenton Titans Hockey Organization to Cease Operations
- Titans (Final) Week in Review
- Titans GameDay at Wheeling, March 20 - Game 72 (Final), Away 36
- Wedgewood Sets Six Marks as Titans Fall in Final Meeting with Elmira, 4-1
- Titans GameDay at Elmira, March 29 - Game 71 (Away 35)