Travs Trip Tulsa in Ten
Tulsa, OK-The Arkansas Travelers stunned the Tulsa Drillers, 5-4, in 10 innings on Friday night. The victory pushed Arkansas' lead back to 3.5 games over Tulsa in the North Division. Both teams led in a back and forth contest that featured 24 combined hits. Logan Taylor made caught the final out of the game on a foul pop-up while falling into the front row of seats with the tying and winning runs on base. The Travs used six pitchers on the night with none working more than three innings. Those pitchers combined to strike out 13 Drillers without issuing a walk yet Tulsa had at least one runner on in nine out of 10 innings. Jack Anderson earned the win out of the bullpen with Dan Altavilla collecting the save. Layne Somsen was tagged with the loss after surrendering the run in the top of the 10th.
Moments That Mattered
* Joe DeCarlo and Jordan Cowan had back-to-back RBI hits in the fourth inning to give Arkansas their second lead of the game.
* Tulsa tied it on a two-out, two run double by Angelo Mora in the sixth.
* Jake Fraley was the automatic runner to open the 10th and moved to third on a groundout by Taylor. Fraley then raced home on Nick Zammarelli's sacrifice fly to left-center.
Notable Travs Performances
* SS Chris Mariscal: 3-5, run
* RF Jake Fraley: 2-4, 2 runs, 2B, RBI, SB
* RHP Reggie McClain: 3 IP, 2 H, 3 K
* RHP Wyatt Mills: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 3 K
* RHP Jack Anderson: Win, 1.2 IP, 3 H, K
News and Notes
* Arkansas improves to 4-1 in extra inning games including 2-0 on the road (both in Tulsa).
* Earlier in the day, Seattle claimed former Travs (2017-18) right-hand pitcher Andrew Moore on waivers and assigned him to Arkansas. Moore will report to the Travs in the coming days.
The series in Tulsa continues on Saturday night with right-hander Darren McCaughan (2-3, 4.19) getting the start against righty J.D. Martin (1-3, 6.98). First pitch is at 7:05 and the game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from May 18, 2019
- Travs Go Ten Again for Win in Tulsa - Arkansas Travelers
- Hooks Strike Early Saturday Night - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Naturals Rally Then Hang on for Win - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Cordero Stays Hot in 9-5 Defeat - Frisco RoughRiders
- RockHounds Rally, Fall to Hooks - Midland RockHounds
- Zunica's Two-Home Run Night Leads Sod Poodles to Second Consecutive Victory over RoughRiders - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Drillers Fall Again in Extra Innings - Tulsa Drillers
- Cardinals Partner with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield on Food Drive - Springfield Cardinals
- Naturals Even Series with Friday Win - Springfield Cardinals
- Matamoscas Shutout in Pitchers' Duel - Midland RockHounds
- Travs Trip Tulsa in Ten - Arkansas Travelers
- Dawson's Diving Catch Saves Day - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Travelers Edge Drillers in 10 Innings - Tulsa Drillers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.