Toronto FC Acquires Allocation Money from Inter Miami Cf
Toronto FC announced today that the club has acquired $100,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) from Inter Miami CF in exchange for midfielder Jay Chapman.
"Jay has been part of the club for a long time and we are wishing him nothing but the very best in his next endeavor. Having signed a homegrown contract in 2015, Jay has been part of teams over the years that have won a lot for the club," said Toronto FC General Manager Ali Curtis. "While we believe the trade is good for TFC, it presents a solid opportunity for Jay to start a new chapter in his life and playing career. Jay will be missed but having been with both our academy and first team, he will always be part of the TFC family."
Chapman, 25, originally signed with Toronto FC on January 15, 2015. In five seasons, he made a combined 88 appearances with six goals and five assists for Toronto FC in all competitions. Chapman was part of Toronto FC's Treble winning team in 2017 and was also part of two other Canadian Championship winning teams (2016, 2018).
TRANSACTION: Toronto FC acquires $100,000 in General Allocation Money from Inter Miami CF in exchange for midfielder Jay Chapman.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 13, 2019
- Houston Dynamo Acquire Darwin Quintero, Draft Pick from Minnesota United FC - Houston Dynamo
- MNUFC Receives $600,000 in Allocation Money and Marlon Hairston in Trade with Houston Dynamo - Minnesota United FC
- LA Galaxy Agree to Mutually Part Ways with Zlatan Ibrahimovic - LA Galaxy
- Eleven Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toronto FC Acquires Allocation Money from Inter Miami Cf - Toronto FC
- Atlanta United Acquires More Than $1 Million in Allocation Money, International Roster Spot from Columbus - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Darlington Nagbe in Trade with Atlanta United - Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire Part Ways with Head Coach Veljko Paunovic - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Announce Traveling Roster for Upcoming Friendly against the Bermuda National Team Presented by Events DC - D.C. United
- Joe Scally Joins Borussia Monchengladbach from New York City FC - New York City FC
- LA Galaxy to Face Inter Miami CF in South Florida on Saturday, March 14, 2020 - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto FC Stories
- MLSE Community Food Donation Program Expands to Include Bmo Field and Bmo as Partners Team up to Help 'Bring Toronto Back to Its Feet'
- Toronto FC and Captain Morgan Team up to Help Local COVID-19 Relief Effort as Part of MLS Unites
- MLSE Teams up with Partners to Announce Bringing Toronto Back to Its Feet
- Team Toronto Fund Created
- MLSE Statement on Suspension of NBA, NHL and MLS Seasons