LA Galaxy Agree to Mutually Part Ways with Zlatan Ibrahimovic
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy announced today that Zlatan Ibrahimovic will not return for the 2020 MLS season. The club and the player have agreed to mutually part ways.
"We would like to thank Zlatan for his contributions to the LA Galaxy and Major League Soccer," said LA Galaxy President Chris Klein. "Since his arrival in 2018, Zlatan has positively influenced the sport of soccer in Los Angeles. We are grateful for his work ethic and passion. We thank Zlatan for his professionalism and immeasurable impact on the Los Angeles community and the soccer community in North America as a whole."
Ibrahimovic tallied 52 goals and 17 assists in 53 starts for the LA Galaxy.
The five-time MLS Cup champion LA Galaxy will kick off their 25th season in Major League Soccer in the Spring of 2020. The Galaxy's season opener, along with the club's entire 2020 MLS Regular Season schedule/matches, will be announced on a later date.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 13, 2019
- Houston Dynamo Acquire Darwin Quintero, Draft Pick from Minnesota United FC - Houston Dynamo
- MNUFC Receives $600,000 in Allocation Money and Marlon Hairston in Trade with Houston Dynamo - Minnesota United FC
- LA Galaxy Agree to Mutually Part Ways with Zlatan Ibrahimovic - LA Galaxy
- Eleven Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toronto FC Acquires Allocation Money from Inter Miami Cf - Toronto FC
- Atlanta United Acquires More Than $1 Million in Allocation Money, International Roster Spot from Columbus - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Darlington Nagbe in Trade with Atlanta United - Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire Part Ways with Head Coach Veljko Paunovic - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Announce Traveling Roster for Upcoming Friendly against the Bermuda National Team Presented by Events DC - D.C. United
- Joe Scally Joins Borussia Monchengladbach from New York City FC - New York City FC
- LA Galaxy to Face Inter Miami CF in South Florida on Saturday, March 14, 2020 - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Sign Forward Javier "Chicharito" HernÃÂ¡ndez
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Eric Lopez to Homegrown Player Contract
- LA Galaxy Foundation Conclude 2019 with Nearly $1M Raised to Benefit Los Angeles
- LA Galaxy Select Defender Tom Smart in 2020 MLS SuperDraft
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Danilo Acosta