Timbers Weekly Update: April 11, 2019
PORTLAND, Ore. - Continuing their 12-game road stretch, the Portland Timbers travel to square off against FC Dallas on Saturday, April 13, at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas. Beginning at 5 p.m. (Pacific), Saturday's match will feature a local television broadcast on FOX 12 PLUS (KPDX) with local radio broadcasts on 1029 and 750 The Game (English) and La GranD 1150AM/93.5 FM (Spanish).
Against FC Dallas
Saturday's match marks the 21st meeting all-time in MLS regular-season play between Portland and FC Dallas. The Timbers are unbeaten in their last five matches (2-0-3), including the postseason, against FC Dallas. In 2018, the Timbers recorded a 2-1 win at Toyota Stadium in the Knockout Round of the MLS Cup Playoffs on Oct. 31, and also registered a 1-1 draw during the regular season on March 24. Portland has earned at least one point in each of its last three trips to FC Dallas.
Extended road trip
The Timbers continue their extended road swing with their sixth match as part of their first 12 games on the road to begin the season, as the club opens its ninth season in MLS. The Timbers' 12-game road trip to start the 2019 season is due to completion work on the $85 million transformation of Providence Park. During that stretch, the Timbers will travel roughly 30,000 miles, including trips to Cincinnati, Dallas, Columbus, Toronto, Houston and Philadelphia.
Scouting FC Dallas
FC Dallas (3-2-1, 10pts) is unbeaten in its first three home matches, posting a record of 2-0-1. In its last match, FC Dallas suffered a 2-1 loss on the road against the Philadelphia Union on April 6, after picking up a 4-2 win on the road against Real Salt Lake on March 30. Michael Barrios, Paxton Pomykal and Reto Ziegler have combined to score six of the team's 10 goals this season, with each player recording two goals over the first six matches.
The Timbers travel to square off against Columbus Crew SC on Saturday, April 20, at MAPFRE Stadium in Columbus, Ohio. Beginning at 4:30 p.m. (Pacific), the match will feature a local television broadcast on FOX 12 PLUS (KPDX) with local radio broadcasts on 1029 and 750 The Game (English) and La GranD 1150AM/93.5 FM (Spanish).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 11, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: April 11, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- City's Attack Finds Contributions from Multiple Figures - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City Acquires $400K in TAM from LA Galaxy - Orlando City SC
- Toronto FC Acquires First Round Pick in 2020 MLS SuperDraft from Los Angeles Galaxy - Toronto FC
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Giancarlo Gonzalez - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC to Wear Parley Kits on April 21 against LAFC - Seattle Sounders FC
- MNUFC and Ebbets Field Flannels Present the "L'etoile Du Nord" Collection - Minnesota United FC
- West End Stadium Launches First Source - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta United, Major League Soccer Celebrate Earth Day with Fourth Annual Greener Goals Week of Service - Atlanta United FC
- DeLeon Signs Extension with Toronto FC - Toronto FC
- Major League Soccer Celebrates Earth Day with Fourth Annual Greener Goals Week of Service - MLS
- FC Cincinnati to Celebrate Earth Day with Special adidas X Parley Uniforms at April 19 Game - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union Unveil 2019 Parley for the Oceans Kit, MLS WORKS Greener Goals Initiatives - Philadelphia Union
- Match Preview: New York Starts Two-Match Roadtrip, Begins with Sporting KC - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers 2019 Campaign Comes to An End in First Round of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Timbers Weekly Update: October 17, 2019
- Timbers, Thorns FC Name Collin Romer Vice President of Communications
- Paredes, Zambrano Called up for International Matches
- Timbers Clinch Berth in Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs with 3-1 Win over San Jose Earthquakes