Philadelphia Union Unveil 2019 Parley for the Oceans Kit, MLS WORKS Greener Goals Initiatives
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union today unveiled the 2019 adidas x Parley for the Oceans kit that will be worn by Union players on April 20 home game against Montreal Impact. The full customized uniforms are built of technical yarns made using Parley Ocean Plastic and aim to bring awareness to the harmful impact of plastic pollution. The adidas x Parley partnership is a part of MLS WORKS Greener Goals, a League-wide effort to highlight MLS' commitment to environmental sustainability.
In addition to the kit launch, the Philadelphia Union will be hosting the following events:
Community Cleanup in partnership with Philadelphia rapper Asher Roth - The clean-up will be held at Cruz Park (1431 N. 6th Street) on Sunday, April 14 at noon in conjunction with MLS Week of Service & Greener Goals. The first 150 participants to check in will receive a MLS WORKS Greener Goals Week of Service tee and a pair of tickets for the Union's home game on April 20th. The team members who collect the most trash will receive a free 2019 parley jersey (max of 10 prizes).
Date: Sunday, April 14
Time: Noon - 3 p.m. ET
Location: Cruz Park - 1431 N. 6th Street, Philadelphia, PA
For more information on this event, please visit: https://www.philadelphiaunion.com/union-x-asher-roth-community-cleanup-volunteer-registration.
Union x Parley Kit Launch Party at Bloomingdale's King of Prussia - Join Philadelphia Union players at Bloomingdale's King of Prussia for a game day fashion runway show and Parley kit launch party. This will be the first chance for fans to get the Parley jerseys in hand while supplies last as well as the newest Bloomingdale's Spring fashion lines to get game day ready. 10% of all tracked sales throughout the day will be donated to the Union Foundation.
Date: Wednesday, April 17
Time: 6:00 - 8:30 p.m. ET
Location: Bloomingdale's King of Prussia Mall - Men's Department (2nd Floor)
For more information on this event and to RSVP, please visit: https://www.philadelphiaunion.com/2019-union-x-parley-launch-show-bloomingdales.
The adidas 2019 MLS Parley jersey will be available for purchase in limited quantities at the Bloomingdale's King of Prussia event on April 17 or at the Union Shop on April 20, when the Union take on Montreal at Talen Energy Stadium. Fans can also purchase the jersey online at MLSstore.com/Philadelphia-Union and adidas.com while supplies last.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 11, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: April 11, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- City's Attack Finds Contributions from Multiple Figures - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City Acquires $400K in TAM from LA Galaxy - Orlando City SC
- Toronto FC Acquires First Round Pick in 2020 MLS SuperDraft from Los Angeles Galaxy - Toronto FC
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Giancarlo Gonzalez - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC to Wear Parley Kits on April 21 against LAFC - Seattle Sounders FC
- MNUFC and Ebbets Field Flannels Present the "L'etoile Du Nord" Collection - Minnesota United FC
- West End Stadium Launches First Source - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta United, Major League Soccer Celebrate Earth Day with Fourth Annual Greener Goals Week of Service - Atlanta United FC
- DeLeon Signs Extension with Toronto FC - Toronto FC
- Major League Soccer Celebrates Earth Day with Fourth Annual Greener Goals Week of Service - MLS
- FC Cincinnati to Celebrate Earth Day with Special adidas X Parley Uniforms at April 19 Game - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union Unveil 2019 Parley for the Oceans Kit, MLS WORKS Greener Goals Initiatives - Philadelphia Union
- Match Preview: New York Starts Two-Match Roadtrip, Begins with Sporting KC - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Philadelphia Union Joins ALL IN Challenge
- Philadelphia Union & Philadelphia Union Foundation Launch "FIGHT FOR SMALL BUSINESSÃ¢ÂÂ Campaign
- Philadelphia Union Return to Individual Workouts
- Philadelphia Union & American Red Cross Host Blood Drive at Subaru Park
- Philadelphia Union and Captain Morgan Team up to Help Local Covid-19 Relief Effort as Part of MLS Unites