Tickets on sale, Thunder open camp Monday
WICHITA, KS- Tickets for all 32 Thunder home games will go on sale Monday morning as the Thunder opens training camp on their 15th CHL season.
The Thunder will practice Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 10:00-11:30 a.m., as well as Monday afternoon from 3:00-4:30 p.m. The Thunder will hold an inter-squad scrimmage on Wednesday afternoon from 3:15-5:15 p.m., before heading to Memphis for a pair of exhibition games with the RiverKings next Friday and Saturday night at 7:05 p.m. All practices and scrimmages will be held at the Wichita Ice Center and are open to the public.
Individual ticket prices, still the lowest in the CHL, will range from $9 to $17 this season, while children 12 and under will receive an additional $2 off. The 2006 CHL Most Improved Franchise, the Thunder will begin the regular season with a pair of home games on Friday, October 20th versus the Tulsa Oilers and Saturday, October 21st versus the Oklahoma City Blazers.
The Thunder will have many great promotions and giveaways on opening weekend, including Thunder Stix for all fans in attendance, courtesy of AT&T. On Saturday, the first 5,000 fans will also receive a 2006-07 Thunder schedule poster, sponsored by The Tux Shop, Diamond Star Technologies, Kansas One Call and The Rede. The Thunder will be wearing special Park City jerseys both nights, which will be auctioned off to the fans.
The Thunder added three players today, forwards Darryl Moscaluk, Derek Allan and Rico Arnaldo, bringing the training camp roster to a total of 24 players. Moscaluk (pronounced MOSH-uh-luck), a 6-3, 205-pound center, joins the Thunder following a five-year career in the WHL where he notched 34 points and 239 penalty minutes in 177 games.
Allan, a third-year pro, played briefly last season for Victoria in the ECHL. The prior year he picked up 31 points in 36 games playing for Miesbach TEV in Germany. Arnaldo also played overseas last season, notching eight goals and 12 points in seven games with HYC Herentals in Belgium. The Thunder expects to add one more experienced player to the roster on Monday, from an American Hockey League (AHL) club.
The Thunder hold their first ever preseason banquet on Wednesday evening, October 18 at the Four Points Sheraton, located at 5805 W. Kellogg, sponsored by AT&T and the Greater Wichita Area Sports Commission. The banquet will begin at 6:00 p.m. with a cocktail reception, featuring complimentary beer, soft drinks and a cash bar, with dinner at 7:00 p.m.
Fans can purchase banquet tickets for just $40 each or a corporate table for $300. Each table will feature a different Thunder player. For reservations please fill out an order form and mail it to the Greater Wichita Area Sports Commission, 100 S. Main, Suite 100, Wichita, KS 67202 or call the GWASC at 265-6236. Order forms can be printed off the Thunder website at www.wichitathunder.com...For tickets or more information, call the Thunder office at 264-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 6, 2006
- Arizona Sundogs Reach Milestone - 2,000 Season Tickets and Counting - Arizona Sundogs
- Eagles Begin Training Camp Monday, Roster at 26 - Colorado Eagles
- Turning Japanese - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Tickets on sale, Thunder open camp Monday - Wichita Thunder
- Bees add preseason game - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- SteelHounds Sign Former CHL Defensive Player of the Year - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Rayz announce preseason schedule - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Scorpions round out camp roster with five players - New Mexico Scorpions
- Cotton Kings Sign Three with Three Days to Go until Camp - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Cotton Kings Training Camp Opens Monday - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Bucks Single Game Tickets On Sale This Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.