Rayz announce preseason schedule
The Corpus Christi Rayz are just two weeks from beginning their ninth season in South Texas. On Friday, they announced that fans won't have to wait much more than a week before they see the first glimpse of the Rayz on the ice. The Rayz announced their pre-season exhibition game schedule Monday afternoon which consists of divisional games against the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees and Austin Ice Bats. The Rayz will play two road games and will host the Killer Bees on Sunday, October 15th at 2:00pm at the American Bank Center in the Caller-Times 'Best of the Best' Shoot-Out as their lone, home exhibition game.
The Rayz will kick off their pre-season campaign on Saturday, October 14th with a trip to Austin to battle the Ice Bats. The Rayz then come home for the Caller-Times 'Best of the Best' Shoot-Out. The Rayz will then wrap up their preseason schedule with an October 18th trip to Rio Grande Valley to face-off against the Killer Bees. Central Hockey League training camps open on Monday, October 9th and the Rayz will begin the 2006-2007 season at the American Bank Center on October 21st as they host their biggest rivals, the Laredo Bucks at 7:05pm.
The Corpus Christi Caller-Times 'Best of the Best' Shoot-Out will be the lone home game for the Rayz during the pre-season. It will also be the first chance for Rayz fans to see the 2006-2007 team in action. The event is presented free of charge courtesy of the Caller-Times. There is no reserved seating, and admission to the game is subject to availability, so fans are encouraged to arrive before the 2:00pm start time. Fans can sit anywhere in the arena, with the exception of the luxury suites which will be closed during the event.
The Caller-Times will be holding prize drawings throughout the game and all fans in attendance will have an opportunity to win. The Corpus Christi Caller-Times 'Best of the Best' Shoot-Out is part of the Caller-Times 'Best of the Best' Showcase, which will be held on the same day in the American Bank Center, adjacent to the American Bank Center Arena.
Rayz Head Coach, Ken McRae said that a short preseason makes for fierce competition on the ice as player compete for a place on the team's roster.
"When your preseason consists of only three games, every shift of every game is an opportunity for a guy to make a case that he belongs on this team," he said. "These games are intense, hard-fought and very exciting for our fans to focus on a new-look squad this year. We'll reintroduce ourselves to the public and to Rio Grande Valley, and it'll be nice to be back on the ice in front of Corpus Christi."
The Rayz and Killer Bees squared off last season at the American Bank Center as part of the preseason schedule. Corpus Christi and Rio Grande Valley play each other 12 times this season with each team hosting six contests. The first regular season match-up will be the Rayz inaugural road game on Friday, October 27th at the Dodge Arena in Hidalgo, TX. For more information on the Corpus Christi Caller-Times 'Best of the Best' Shoot-Out, please call the Rayz at (361)814-PUCK.
The Corpus Christi Rayz are currently in preparation for the 2006-2007 season. The Rayz return to the American Bank Center is only 15 days away. Corpus Christi will begin their season at home on October 21st vs. the Laredo Bucks at 7:05pm. Season ticket packages and corporate sponsorship opportunities are currently available. For more information please call the Rayz at (361) 814-PUCK or log on to www.ccrayz.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 6, 2006
- Arizona Sundogs Reach Milestone - 2,000 Season Tickets and Counting - Arizona Sundogs
- Eagles Begin Training Camp Monday, Roster at 26 - Colorado Eagles
- Turning Japanese - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Tickets on sale, Thunder open camp Monday - Wichita Thunder
- Bees add preseason game - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- SteelHounds Sign Former CHL Defensive Player of the Year - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Rayz announce preseason schedule - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Scorpions round out camp roster with five players - New Mexico Scorpions
- Cotton Kings Sign Three with Three Days to Go until Camp - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Cotton Kings Training Camp Opens Monday - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Bucks Single Game Tickets On Sale This Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi IceRays Stories
- Don'T Forget About Justin Quenneville's Retirement Party Tonight
- IceRays Host Street Hockey Challenge
- IceRays Season Ends With 2-0 Loss At Texas
- IceRays Fall 5-4 In Overtime To Brahmas, Trail Series 1-0
- IceRays Beat Killer Bees 6-3 In Regular Season Finale