Cotton Kings Training Camp Opens Monday
LUBBOCK, TX: October 6, 2006 - The 2006/2007 edition of the Lubbock Cotton Kings will open Training Camp Monday morning at the Lubbock Municipal Coliseum, as players battle for one of 18 roster spots in preparation to the regular season opener on October 21st.
Training Camp will open on Monday, October 9th with a pair of practice sessions combined to run from 8:30 - 11 AM. The practice sessions will remain the same on Tuesday and Wednesday, but will change on Thursday with the time set for 9:30 - 11AM. The Kings will then gear-up for exhibition action, as they will head to Amarillo on Friday to face the Gorillas before returning home to host Odessa Saturday at 7:05 PM and Amarillo on Sunday at 5:05 PM. Clear Channel Radio Lubbock (KFMX, KFYO, KKAM, KKCL, KQBR, KZII) has made it possible to purchase tickets for the home exhibition games at a low price of $3 each. "3-Dollar Bill Weekend" discount tickets must be purchased at the Lubbock Municipal Coliseum Box Office on each of the home exhibition game nights (box office opens an hour prior to faceoff). Season ticket holders will be admitted into the game for free, as part of their season ticket holder benefits. The Kings will then prepare for their season opener with practices from 10-11:30 AM starting on Monday, October 16th. For the season opener, the 'Kings can have no more than 18 active players on the roster. Of the 18, the 'Kings must carry at least five developmental/rookie players (128 pro games or less) and may not carry more than four veteran (280 pro games or more).
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 6, 2006
- Arizona Sundogs Reach Milestone - 2,000 Season Tickets and Counting - Arizona Sundogs
- Eagles Begin Training Camp Monday, Roster at 26 - Colorado Eagles
- Turning Japanese - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Tickets on sale, Thunder open camp Monday - Wichita Thunder
- Bees add preseason game - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- SteelHounds Sign Former CHL Defensive Player of the Year - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Rayz announce preseason schedule - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Scorpions round out camp roster with five players - New Mexico Scorpions
- Cotton Kings Sign Three with Three Days to Go until Camp - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Cotton Kings Training Camp Opens Monday - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Bucks Single Game Tickets On Sale This Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.