Thunderbirds President Nathan Costa to Serve as Honorary Chair at World's Largest Pancake Breakfast
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The Spirit of Springfield announced on Tuesday that Thunderbirds President Nathan Costa and the team will serve as this year's Honorary Chairs for the World's Largest Pancake Breakfast on May 11 in downtown Springfield.
"Being someone that grew up in this city, it's a great honor to be named the Honorary Chair of the World's Largest Pancake Breakfast this year," said Costa. "This event is a celebration of the city of Springfield, and just one of many positive stories coming out of downtown. The renaissance of a great American city is well under way, you can see the momentum growing each and every day, and we at the Thunderbirds are thrilled to be at the center of that rebirth."
In addition to MGM Springfield, the World's Largest Pancake Breakfast is supported by the generous donations from area businesses including American Medical Response, Baystate Health, Bimbo Bakeries and Entenmann's Little Bites, Cabot Creamery, Carando Classic Italian, Costco, Elegant Affairs, Gleason Johndrow Landscaping, Hampden County Sheriff's Department, Health New England, H.P. Hood, Mansfield Paper Company, Massachusetts Army National Guard, Mercy Medical Center, Performance Food Group, Republic Services, Sheraton Springfield, Springfield Business Improvement District, Springfield Parking Authority, United Bank as well as the Springfield Police, Fire, Parks and Public Works Departments.
"MGM Springfield is proud to once again support this unique annual tradition in the city's downtown," said Michael Mathis, MGM Springfield President & COO. "This was one of those early moments in Springfield that captured our imagination and allowed us to see the possibilities for rejuvenating this great American city. We were especially inspired by the teams of volunteers from Springfield's business, political and non-profit communities, who give of themselves so that families, neighbors and friends can share a meal together. We look forward to another inspiring and delicious Pancake Breakfast."
Cooking, serving, selling tickets and keeping the tables clean will be hundreds of volunteers representing 94.7 FM WMAS, Armoury Quadrangle Civic Association, Bethel Child Care Services, Central High School Key Club, Jack and Jill of Western Massachusetts, iHeart Media, Law Offices of Maurice Poe, MassLive, MGM Springfield, Rock102, SATCO (PVTA), Springfield Code Enforcement/Building Division, Springfield Department of Health & Human Services, Springfield Law Department, Springfield Thunderbirds, Springfield UNICO, The Q 99.7, U. S. Postal Service, Western Mass News, and YWCA Youth Build.
For more information about the World's Largest Pancake Breakfast, visit spiritofspringfield.org or contact the Spirit of Springfield at 413-733-3800.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 30, 2019
- Insider: Wolves vs. the Wild - Chicago Wolves
- San Diego Gulls Announce Pacific Division Finals TV and Radio Broadcast Schedule - San Diego Gulls
- 72 Tavern & Grill to Host Kentucky Derby Party - Utica Comets
- Join The Blackhawks At World's Largest Street Hockey Tournament - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Set for Round Two - Toronto Marlies
- Florida Panthers Agree to Terms with Goaltender Chris Driedger on a 2-Year Contract Extension - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Thunderbirds President Nathan Costa to Serve as Honorary Chair at World's Largest Pancake Breakfast - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Iowa Wild Announces Central Division Finals Schedule - Iowa Wild
- Iowa Clinches First Playoff Series Win with 2-1 Victory - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- Special Teams Pivotal in T-Birds Breakout Win at Providence
- Panthers Reassign F Cliff Pu to Springfield (AHL) from Greenville (ECHL)
- Desrosiers Debuts Strongly, But Wolf Pack Top T-Birds
- Driedger's Spectacular Effort Not Enough for T-Birds against Rochester
- T-Birds Honored by MA Providers' Council as Business Partner of Year