Florida Panthers Agree to Terms with Goaltender Chris Driedger on a 2-Year Contract Extension
SUNRISE, Fla. - Florida Panthers President of Hockey Operations & General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that the Panthers have agreed to terms with goaltender Chris Driedger on a two-year, two-way contract extension.
Driedger, 24, appeared in 32 games with Florida's American Hockey League affiliate, the Springfield Thunderbirds, owning an 18-10-2 record, 2.45 goals against average and one shutout, while posting an AHL league-leading .924 save percentage. The 6-foot-4, 205-pound native of Winnipeg, Manitoba, also appeared in 12 games with the Manchester Monarchs of the ECHL, registering a 6-5-0 mark, 2.75 goals against average and .911 save percentage. The Panthers signed Driedger to a one-year, two-way contract on Feb. 24, 2019.
He has played three career NHL games, all with the Ottawa Senators (2014-15 to 2016-17) and has played 124 career AHL games, recording a 56-49-8 record, 2.91 goals against average, .910 save percentage and three shutouts.
Driedger was originally selected by Ottawa in the third round (76th overall) of the 2012 NHL Draft.
Images from this story
Springfield Thunderbirds goaltender Chris Driedger
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 30, 2019
- Insider: Wolves vs. the Wild - Chicago Wolves
- San Diego Gulls Announce Pacific Division Finals TV and Radio Broadcast Schedule - San Diego Gulls
- 72 Tavern & Grill to Host Kentucky Derby Party - Utica Comets
- Join The Blackhawks At World's Largest Street Hockey Tournament - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Set for Round Two - Toronto Marlies
- Florida Panthers Agree to Terms with Goaltender Chris Driedger on a 2-Year Contract Extension - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Thunderbirds President Nathan Costa to Serve as Honorary Chair at World's Largest Pancake Breakfast - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Iowa Wild Announces Central Division Finals Schedule - Iowa Wild
- Iowa Clinches First Playoff Series Win with 2-1 Victory - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- Thunderbirds Honored by AHL for Marketing Excellence and Surging Attendance
- T-Birds Sign F Blaine Byron to 1-Year AHL Contract
- Thunderbirds Announce Staff Promotions
- Florida Panthers Agree to Terms with Goaltender Chris Driedger on a 2-Year Contract Extension
- Thunderbirds President Nathan Costa to Serve as Honorary Chair at World's Largest Pancake Breakfast