Wichita, KS (Feb. 5th) - Wichita played three games in four days this past week. Take a look back at the week that was in this edition of Thunder Weekly.
LAST WEEK'S GAMES - Wednesday, January 31st
Wichita at Tulsa, 6-3 L
Friday, February 2nd
Tulsa at Wichita, 4-1 W
Saturday, February 3rd
Wichita at Quad City, 5-3 L
THIS WEEK'S GAMES - (All times are Central)
Wednesday, February 7th
Wichita at Fort Wayne, 6:30 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone and ECHL TV. Watch live at Pucks Sports Bar.
Friday, February 9th
Wichita at Fort Wayne, 7:00 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone and ECHL TV. Watch live at Pucks Sports Bar.
Saturday, February 10th
Wichita at Cincinnati, 6:35 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone and ECHL TV. Watch live at Pucks Sports Bar.
Sunday, February 11th
Wichita at Toledo, 4:15 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone and ECHL TV. Watch live at Pucks Sports Bar.
**All games can be heard on www.wichitathunder.com or on your smart phone with The Sin Bin App using the keyword Wichita Thunder**
**Join Matthew Harding and Zach Courter before every home game for the Sin Bin Wichita Thunder Pregame Show. The show starts at 6:20 p.m. for every game except Sunday home games, which starts at 3:20 p.m. You can listen on the Sin Bin app.**
Last 10: 4-5-1-0
Rank: T-3rd, Mountain Division, 53 points
Goals: Mark MacMillan, 16
Assists: Lane Bauer, 21
Points: Mark MacMillan, Ralph Cuddemi, 32
+/-: Lane Bauer, +15
PIM: Dyson Stevenson, 109
LAST WEEK - Wichita began the week with a road meeting at Tulsa. The Oilers claimed a 6-3 win at the BOK Center. The two teams switched venues on Friday night with the Thunder winning 4-1 against Tulsa at INTRUST Bank Arena. On Saturday, Wichita traveled to Quad City to face the Mallards. The Thunder fell behind early and lost the contest, 5-3.
DU-FIVE - Kevin Dufour had a solid week for the Thunder, finishing with five points (3g, 2a). He started with two assists against the Oilers on Wednesday night. He recorded the game-winner on Friday night in the team's 4-1 win over Tulsa. The Bowling Green State product finished the week with a pair of goals on Saturday night at Quad City. Dufour has 10 goals in 16 games since coming over from Brampton. He is tied for third among rookies with four game-winners.
TEAM-LEAD - Ralph Cuddemi had four assists last week. He moved into a tie for the team-lead in points with 32. The Canisius College product has 26 points (13g, 13a) in 31 games since coming over from Fort Wayne.
PLATEAU - Kyle Platzer extended his point-streak to five games over the weekend. He has six points (3g, 3a) over that stretch. Platzer has 20 points in 15 games with the Thunder.
SHAQ ATTACK - Shaquille Merasty recorded his first two-goal game as a pro on Friday night. He has three points in his last two games, collecting an assist on Jeremy Beaudry's goal late against Quad City.
FULL HOUSE - Wichita hosted its largest crowd of the season on Friday night as 11,809 fans watched the Thunder knock off Tulsa. It was the fourth largest crowd in the ECHL this season and fourth largest in team history.
MILESTONE - Head Coach Malcolm Cameron moved alone into fifth place all-time in games coached in ECHL history on Saturday night. He has coached in 671 games in the league.
THUNDERBOLTS... Jeremy Beaudry is tied for fifth for power play goals for a defenseman (5)...Travis Brown is tied for 15th in scoring by a defenseman (7g, 20a)...Wichita is 17-6-0-0 when scoring first...Wichita is 16-1-0-0 when leading after one...Wichita is 19-2-0-0 when leading after two...Wichita is 14-8-1 when outshot by its opponent...Wichita is the only team in the league that hasn't had a shootout...
The Thunder continues their six-game road trip this Wednesday night against Fort Wayne at 6:30 p.m. central time.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $50 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 5, 2018
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards Team with Genesis for Pink in the Rink - Quad City Mallards
- Royals Have Wednesday Game Before 9-Day Break - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Weekly - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Road Trip - Wichita Thunder
- Admirals Add 6'6" Defenseman Chuard - Norfolk Admirals
- 'Blades Let Lead Hop Away in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Greenville - Florida Everblades
- Parizek, Desrosiers Chosen as Fantasy Team and Golden - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Stevenson Wins Fantasy Vote; Starrett Selected as Team's Golden Goalie - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Complete Suspended Game Tomorrow Night - Quad City Mallards
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Komets Sweep Pair for Week 17 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fuel Unveil "Hockey for Indy" Initiative - Indy Fuel
- Luukko Wins Royals Fantasy Team Vote, Muse Selected as Team's Golden Goalie - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces 2018 Fantasy Team and Golden Goalie Participants - ECHL
- Colorado Drops Third Straight with 5-1 Loss to Americans - Colorado Eagles
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- THUNDER SNAP OILERS STREAK IN WICHITA - Tulsa Oilers
- MONARCH STUN BEAST IN OVERTIME, 6-5 - Manchester Monarchs
- INDY CLOSES ROAD SWING WITH 7-3 LOSS - Indy Fuel
- RAILERS COUGH UP TWO-GOAL LEAD IN 3RD PERIOD, THEN FALL IN OVERTIME TO THUNDER - Worcester Railers HC
- MONARCHS SQUEAK BY BEAST IN OVERTIME - Brampton Beast
- NAILERS SCORE SEVEN ON 90's NIGHT - Wheeling Nailers
- McCARTHY AND READING CAPSIZE ADMIRALS, 7-1 - Reading Royals
- Admirals Release Forward Allevi - Norfolk Admirals
- Hayden Hodgson Assigned from Cleveland Monsters (AHL) to the Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Reading's Muse Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Warning Heads to AHL with San Jose - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.