Fuel Unveil "Hockey for Indy" Initiative
INDIANAPOLIS - The ECHL's Indy Fuel are proud to introduce Monday the "Hockey For Indy" program, a new community initiative created to promote and celebrate respect and inclusion in the hockey community. The Fuel will be working with a number of national and local organizations to help share the sport of hockey around Central Indiana, culminating with the first Hockey For Indy game at Indiana Farmers Coliseum on Friday, February 23.
"The objective of our Hockey For Indy initiative is simple: we want to give as many people a chance to enjoy a Fuel game in a friendly and respectful environment as we can - regardless of their age, race, gender, nationality, ability, sexual orientation, or socio-economic status," said Brent Hollerud, the Fuel's Director of Marketing. "Through working with a number of fantastic local organizations, we are looking forward to sharing the great sport of hockey with new audiences in our community."
In the spirit of the NHL's "Hockey Is For Everyone" initiative which takes place each February, the Fuel's new program aims to introduce new fans to the sport, through both community outreach and hosting the Hockey For Indy themed game on February 23. As part of the program, the Fuel are teaming up with the Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Central Indiana, The Boys & Girls Club of Noblesville, Indy Pride, Inc., the Indiana Youth Group, the You Can Play Project, and other organizations to spread the message of respect and inclusion.
For more information on the Hockey For Indy program, and for updates on what is happening throughout the month, follow the #HockeyForIndy hashtag on the Fuel's social media channels.
Single game tickets are now available for the entire 2017-18 Fuel season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of a wide variety of Ticket Plans by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com. Don't miss a second of the action during the 2017-18 season - follow the Fuel on Twitter and Instagram (@IndyFuel) and 'Like' the Fuel on Facebook.
About the Boys & Girls Club of Noblesville: The Boys & Girls Club of Noblesville provides low-cost, high quality after school and out of school programming to local K-12 youth. BGCN is dedicated to inspiring and enabling all young people to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens by promoting academic success, leadership, character, health and physical development.
About Indy Pride, Inc.: Indy Pride, Inc. exists to unite and serve its members and the LGBTQ community of Central Indiana through leadership development, educational and support programs, and community events that achieve inclusivity, equality, strong community connections, and awareness of LGBTQ issues.
About the You Can Play Project: You Can Play is dedicated to ensuring equality, respect and safety for all athletes, without regard to sexual orientation and/or gender identity. You Can Play works to guarantee that athletes are given a fair opportunity to compete, judged by other athletes and fans alike, and only by what they contribute to the sport or their team's success. You Can Play seeks to challenge the culture of locker rooms and spectator areas by focusing only on an athlete's skills, work ethic and competitive spirit.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 5, 2018
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards Team with Genesis for Pink in the Rink - Quad City Mallards
- Royals Have Wednesday Game Before 9-Day Break - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Weekly - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Road Trip - Wichita Thunder
- Admirals Add 6'6" Defenseman Chuard - Norfolk Admirals
- 'Blades Let Lead Hop Away in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Greenville - Florida Everblades
- Parizek, Desrosiers Chosen as Fantasy Team and Golden - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Stevenson Wins Fantasy Vote; Starrett Selected as Team's Golden Goalie - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Complete Suspended Game Tomorrow Night - Quad City Mallards
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Komets Sweep Pair for Week 17 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fuel Unveil "Hockey for Indy" Initiative - Indy Fuel
- Luukko Wins Royals Fantasy Team Vote, Muse Selected as Team's Golden Goalie - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces 2018 Fantasy Team and Golden Goalie Participants - ECHL
- Colorado Drops Third Straight with 5-1 Loss to Americans - Colorado Eagles
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- THUNDER SNAP OILERS STREAK IN WICHITA - Tulsa Oilers
- MONARCH STUN BEAST IN OVERTIME, 6-5 - Manchester Monarchs
- INDY CLOSES ROAD SWING WITH 7-3 LOSS - Indy Fuel
- RAILERS COUGH UP TWO-GOAL LEAD IN 3RD PERIOD, THEN FALL IN OVERTIME TO THUNDER - Worcester Railers HC
- MONARCHS SQUEAK BY BEAST IN OVERTIME - Brampton Beast
- NAILERS SCORE SEVEN ON 90's NIGHT - Wheeling Nailers
- McCARTHY AND READING CAPSIZE ADMIRALS, 7-1 - Reading Royals
- Admirals Release Forward Allevi - Norfolk Admirals
- Hayden Hodgson Assigned from Cleveland Monsters (AHL) to the Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Reading's Muse Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Warning Heads to AHL with San Jose - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.