Thunder announces first round playoff schedule
WICHITA, KS- The Central Hockey League today set the schedule for WichitaÂ’s first round playoff series with the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs.
Despite not having a better record than the Thunder, the Mudbugs will have the home ice advantage for the best-of-seven Northern Conference Semifinals, as champions of the CHL Northeast Division. The Mudbugs will host games one and two of the series on Thursday and Friday, March 24th and 25th. The Thunder will host their first playoff game on Saturday, March 26th. Below is the complete first round schedule:
Game 1 Thursday, March 24th at Bossier-Shreveport 7:05 PM
Game 2 Friday, March 25th at Bossier-Shreveport 7:05 PM
Game 3 Saturday, March 26th at Wichita 7:30 PM
Game 4 Friday, April 1st at Wichita 7:30 PM
*Game 5 Saturday, April 2nd at Wichita 7:30 PM
*Game 6 Monday, April 4th at Bossier-Shreveport 7:05 PM
*Game 7 Thursday, April 7th at Bossier-Shreveport 7:05 PM
The Thunder and Mudbugs will meet in the playoffs for the second straight season. Bossier-Shreveport eliminated Wichita four-games-to-one in the 2004 CHL Northern Conference Finals. The Thunder are 4-0-0 versus the Mudbugs this season, with one final meeting set for Saturday, March 19th in Bossier City, Louisiana.
The Thunder will be taking a fan bus to games one and two in Bossier City. The cost of the trip is $120 per person plus $45 for a hotel room. The bus will leave from the Ice Sports Wichita parking lot at 6:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 24th and return to Wichita following the game on Friday, March 25th. There are only 44 spots available and reservations can be made my contacting Michael at the Thunder office.
The Thunder returns to action tonight at 7:30 p.m. when they host the Memphis RiverKings. The Thunder will host the Topeka Tarantulas on Saturday in the regular season home finale. Face-off is set for 7:40 p.m.
Playoff Packages for the 2005 postseason are on sale now and individual playoff tickets will go on sale Monday. To order your tickets or for more information, call the Thunder office at 264-GOAL or visit our website at www.wichitathunder.com.
â€¢ Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2005
- Laredo tops Corpus Christi 4-2 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Blazers blank Brahmas 1-0 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Bucks Beat Rayz 4-2 - Laredo Bucks
- Levy and Bees Shutout Austin 4-0 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- LEC/Bucks Whataburger Celebrates Grand Opening Monday - Laredo Bucks
- Thunder announces first round playoff schedule - Wichita Thunder
- Jr. RiverKings start spring season soon - Mississippi RiverKings
- Oilers vs. Tarantulas - Tulsa Oilers
- Tarantulas team up with Muscular Dystrophy Association - Topeka Tarantulas
- Killer Bees Game Night Preview (vs. Austin) - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RiverKings game day preview - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.