Tarantulas team up with Muscular Dystrophy Association
[Topeka, KS.] - The Topeka Tarantulas of the Central Hockey League (CHL) announced today that they have teamed up with the Muscular Dystrophy Association to help give back to the community.
To help raise money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, the Tarantulas will hold a Jersey Off Their Backs Auction during the March 13th home game.
All proceeds for the "Jerseys Off Their Backs" to benefit Muscular Dystrophy Association, 3649 SW Burlingame Road, #102, Topeka KS 66611, 785-267-6519. Tammy Mosier, District Director.
MDA covers 1100 patients in the Northcentral and Northeastern Kansas. Their clinic is at KU Medical Center in Kansas City, KS. MDA cover 43 neuromuscular diseases. Services provided include, help with the purchases of wheelchairs and leg braces, clinics and summer camp for children 6-21 years of age.
For more information on the Jersey Off Their Backs Auction visit the Muscular Dystrophy Association table on the South Concourse during the March 13th home game.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2005
- Laredo tops Corpus Christi 4-2 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Blazers blank Brahmas 1-0 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Bucks Beat Rayz 4-2 - Laredo Bucks
- Levy and Bees Shutout Austin 4-0 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- LEC/Bucks Whataburger Celebrates Grand Opening Monday - Laredo Bucks
- Thunder announces first round playoff schedule - Wichita Thunder
- Jr. RiverKings start spring season soon - Mississippi RiverKings
- Oilers vs. Tarantulas - Tulsa Oilers
- Tarantulas team up with Muscular Dystrophy Association - Topeka Tarantulas
- Killer Bees Game Night Preview (vs. Austin) - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RiverKings game day preview - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.