Tarantulas team up with March of Dimes
[Topeka, KS.] - The Topeka Tarantulas of the Central Hockey League (CHL) announced today that they have teamed up with the March of Dimes to help give back to the community.
To help raise money for the March of Dimes, the Tarantulas will title the Sunday, March 13th game against the Memphis RiverKings as March of Dimes Night.
Ticket prices are $11 for lower level and $8 for upper level, with part of the proceeds being donated to the March of Dimes.
The mission of the March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects and infant mortality. We carry out this mission through research, community services, education and advocacy to save babies' lives. March of Dimes researchers, volunteers, educators, outreach workers and advocates work together to give all babies a fighting chance against the threats to their health: prematurity, birth defects, low birthweight.
For more information on the March of Dimes Night contact Selena in the Tarantulas office at (785)235-9466.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 10, 2005
- Two Gorillas nominated for CHL year-end awards - Amarillo Gorillas
- Gorillas' push for the playoffs continues with two home games this weekend - Amarillo Gorillas
- Bucks Cap Terrific Week, Move Alone Into First Place In SE Division - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings make roster move, tomorrow night's game on 96.1 FM - Mississippi RiverKings
- Tarantulas team up with March of Dimes - Topeka Tarantulas
- Blaznek hat trick helps Thunder past Brahmas - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Eagles claim Bud Poile Governors Cup - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.