Blazers blank Brahmas 1-0
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma--The Fort Worth Brahmas offensive struggles continued on Friday night, as the Brahmas were shutout 1-0 by the Oklahoma City Blazers at the Ford Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Blazers goaltender Sean Connors stopped all 33 Brahmas shots that he faced en route to recording his first shutout of the season. Connors was one shot better than Brahmas goaltender Larry Sterling, as Sterling turned away 35 of the 36 Blazers shots sent his way in the game. The only goal Sterling allowed came at the 6:02 mark of the first period when Blazers forward Brad Herauf redirected a Shawn Weiman slapshot from the right side past Sterling for his 18th goal of the season.
The shutout loss marked the third time in their last four games that the Brahmas have been held off the scoreboard. Overall, the Brahmas have been blanked five times this season.
The loss puts the Brahmas fading playoff hopes into a precarious position. With a win Friday night on home ice versus Topeka, the Tulsa Oilers now have a seven point lead over the Brahmas for the fourth and final playoff spot in the Northern Conference. Fort Worth, now 25-24-6 for the season, will try to return to the win column on Saturday night, March 12, when they travel to San Angelo to face the Saints. Face off is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. Saturday's game will be broadcast by the Brahmas on KTFW 1460 AM with the pregame show beginning at 6:50 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2005
- Laredo tops Corpus Christi 4-2 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Blazers blank Brahmas 1-0 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Bucks Beat Rayz 4-2 - Laredo Bucks
- Levy and Bees Shutout Austin 4-0 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- LEC/Bucks Whataburger Celebrates Grand Opening Monday - Laredo Bucks
- Thunder announces first round playoff schedule - Wichita Thunder
- Jr. RiverKings start spring season soon - Mississippi RiverKings
- Oilers vs. Tarantulas - Tulsa Oilers
- Tarantulas team up with Muscular Dystrophy Association - Topeka Tarantulas
- Killer Bees Game Night Preview (vs. Austin) - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RiverKings game day preview - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.