Three Winnipeg Blue Bombers Named West Division Nominees for Most Outstanding Player Awards
WINNIPEG, MB. - The Canadian Football League announced today the division nominees for the 2018 CFL Most Outstanding Player Awards. Players were selected by voting members of the Football Reporters of Canada (FRC) and CFL head coaches.
Linebacker Adam Bighill has been named the West Division's nominee for Most Outstanding Defensive Player in 2018. Bighill has been simply spectacular since joining the club as a free agent in May. The seven-year CFL veteran is tied with Calgary's Alex Singleton for the CFL lead with 126 defensive plays (including 105 tackles), tied for the league-best with four forced fumbles, and has also accumulated four sacks, eight tackles for a loss, a fumble recovery and two interceptions - one returned for a touchdown. Bighill was named the league's Most Outstanding Defensive Player in 2015 as a member of the BC Lions.
For the second consecutive season, running back Andrew Harris has been named the West Division's Most Outstanding Canadian Player. Harris set a career-high in rushing this season with 1,390 yards - including a career-high 161-yard effort against Toronto on July 21st - while adding another 58 receptions for 451 yards. His 11 touchdowns ranked third in the CFL in 2018. Harris once again was the CFL's rushing champ in 2018 and was named the league's Most Outstanding Canadian Player last year.
Left tackle Stanley Bryant has again been named the West Division's Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman for the second consecutive season. Last season, Bryant was honoured as the CFL's Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman. He is part of an offensive unit that lead the league in scoring and in rushing in 2018.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from November 8, 2018
- Head Coach Jason Maas to Return for 2019 Season - Edmonton Eskimos
- Ways to Consume CFL Divisional Semi-Finals on Sunday - CFL
- Canadian Football League to Observe Moment of Silence Sunday - CFL
- Long Earns West Division Nod as Outstanding Special Teams Player - B.C. Lions
- Eskimos Ink Briscoe - Edmonton Eskimos
- Masoli, Dean & Revenberg up for 2018 CFL Awards - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Jordan Williams-Lambert Named West Division Most Outstanding Rookie - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Mitchell Is West's Most Outstanding Player - Calgary Stampeders
- Chris Jones Named West Division Coach of the Year - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Campbell, Ward, Sinopoli Nominated for 2018 Shaw CFL Awards - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Three Winnipeg Blue Bombers Named West Division Nominees for Most Outstanding Player Awards - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Shaw CFL Awards Nominees Announced - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Blue Bombers Stories
- Blue Bombers Acquire Quarterback Zach Collaros in Trade with Argonauts
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Open Nominations for Jack Jacobs Scholarship
- Blue Bombers Shuffle Practice Roster
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Launch Annual High School Mentorship Program
- Blue Bombers to Host Annual Family Day October 12