Eskimos Ink Briscoe
(Edmonton) - The Edmonton Eskimos have signed international quarterback Jeremiah Briscoe.
The two-time Walter Payton Award winner (2016, 2017) attended University of Alabama at Birmingham in 2014 where he appeared in six games completing 17-47 passes for 361 yards and three touchdowns and four interceptions.
After transferring to Sam Houston State in 2015, he would appear in 47 games over the following three seasons (2015-2017). Briscoe would complete 802-1375 pass attempts for 11,849 yards, 119 touchdowns and 35 interceptions.
In 2016, Briscoe set an FCS record when he threw 57 touchdown passes on his way to being named an AP All-American and the first Sam Houston player to win the Walter Payton Award as the most outstanding offensive player in the Division 1 Football Championship Subdivision. Briscoe is only the second player to ever win the prestigious collegiate award two times.
Born: Aug. 15, 1993 - Houston, TX
College: San Houston State
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from November 8, 2018
- Head Coach Jason Maas to Return for 2019 Season - Edmonton Eskimos
- Ways to Consume CFL Divisional Semi-Finals on Sunday - CFL
- Canadian Football League to Observe Moment of Silence Sunday - CFL
- Long Earns West Division Nod as Outstanding Special Teams Player - B.C. Lions
- Eskimos Ink Briscoe - Edmonton Eskimos
- Masoli, Dean & Revenberg up for 2018 CFL Awards - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Jordan Williams-Lambert Named West Division Most Outstanding Rookie - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Mitchell Is West's Most Outstanding Player - Calgary Stampeders
- Chris Jones Named West Division Coach of the Year - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Campbell, Ward, Sinopoli Nominated for 2018 Shaw CFL Awards - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Three Winnipeg Blue Bombers Named West Division Nominees for Most Outstanding Player Awards - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Shaw CFL Awards Nominees Announced - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.